South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #1  

Default New and looking for support!

Hi there! Today I'm starting SBD with a renewed commitment. I've been following it on and off since December and I've lost about 10lbs total (up and down) but holidays and special occasions have gotten in the way and I keep "cheating".

Today is the day I start fresh with phase 1. I really want to succeed this time! I've read the forums for tips many times but I think actually posting will help me stick with it!

I'm turning 30 this year and my goal is a significant weight loss and healthier lifestyle by my birthday (July 4th). The hardest thing for me is exercise because I can always find excuses (it's raining, too cold, the gym in my building smells bad, etc.) but I am trying to make a commitment to at least 30 min a day.

Your support is appreciated. Also, I can't find information on how to get a ticker when I do a search. And any tips on exercise would help a lot! I'm quite out of shape and don't have much endurance.

Thanks!!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach.

For ticker information, click on User CP on the purple bar up top. Then click on Signature. The Instructions are there. Remember to choose the second set of code, not the HTML one. Holler if you need help.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #3  

Thanks! I figured it out. Hope it works!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #4  
beachbum

Post Hi Lazy Princess

You'll find a great amount of support here on the chicks on the beach site. They have helped me already as I'm new to this forum also. I just have to find my way as its a big web site to explore.

Big Congrats on your 10 lb weight loss. You'll get back to where you were. I did the same thing during the holiday,as I'm a foodaholic . Good luck in your journey. Hugs BB
Old 02-14-2005, 01:28 PM   #5  

Welcome On the exercise, JUST DO IT! Don't think about starting, go and just start. I can always come up with a million reasons not to but once I put my foot on the treadmill, walk out my door or start with some weights, I can commit to it. Good luck to you! Join the exercise challenge
Old 02-14-2005, 01:58 PM   #6  

Hello LazyPrincess!
I started SBD today too. I had tried it over a year ago and lost but gained all but 8 lbs back.
I'm with you on the exercise.
I'm here if you want to challenge or help motivate each other during the next few days!

I feel a headache coming on. I think it's from the sugar withdrawls.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:56 PM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey welcome to the sand chick! Enjoy your stay!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to the Beach!!!

I hear ya on the exercise. I really don't have any valid excuses because I have an eliptical machine in my bedroom so most of the time I'm just plain lazy. I did really good the first two weeks but now I've lost all my motivation to exercise.

30 min/day is a great goal but I would ease into it if you have low endurance. I knew my endurance was low so when I started I was only doing 10 minutes. Ever couple of days I would increase my time by a couple of minutes. By the end of two weeks I was doing 25 minutes each time.

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #9  

Hello LazyPrincess

It's day two, how are you doing? I'm craving something sweet, and everything I eat doesn't seem to satify me. I want SUGAR!.
Guess i'll drink some more water.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:52 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach!!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #11  

I'm doing ok on day 3 EXCEPT... I get so hungry in the morning between breakfast and lunch. I have eggs at 7:30. (I hate eggs it is so hard to choke them down some mornings but I have been doing it for almost 2 months now. I usually have 1 egg and some eggwhites in an omlette.) I don't get lunch until after 1:00pm and I'm finding 1 cheese string isn't enough to get me through. But once I start snacking on nuts I can't stop!

I'm used to eating this way since I have been doing it for a while now but I'm trying to get through phase 1 without cheating at all. So far, too many nuts.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #12  

Hi LazyPrincess,
Last night was really hard for me. I was craving sweets of course, so I had a ff jello, we'll that didn't work, so I had another one, then a ff fudgesicle. My biggest problem is having enough prepared foods to eat at work. Last night I went to the grocery store, and bought several items to bring to work. How are you doing on water. The first day I drank about 90oz of water, yesterday only 64 oz. Working on it today.

here's to getting through day 3
Old 02-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #13  

There is no way I could go from 7:30 in the morning until 1 with only a cheese stick! I also cannot limit my nuts and be satisfied so snacking on raw veggies is really what helped me the most. Either with hummus or alone. Red peppers, zucchini, and cauliflower are all really good raw and fill me up.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #14  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Idea for the nuts. ( I can't stop either) I count mine out and put them in a ziploc and keep it in my desk. I only bring one a day and leave the jar at home
Old 02-16-2005, 04:58 PM   #15  

Thanks for the tips. I can't wait for phase 2, although last time I tried it I didn't lose anything at all!

I'm going shopping tonight for more work-friendly snacks.

My other huge challenge has been exercising. My commitment to do it every day this week hasn't worked so far! I've been working late and the weather has been bad. Great excuses, huh?
Closed Thread