South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #1  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Default So what did you eat today?

I think I did fairly well today......

started with black coffee. (2-3 cups of it)

had a breakfast sandwich on the George Foreman grill (2 pcs whole wheat bread, brummel & brown as the "butter", 1 pc ham lunchmeat, 1 pc cheese, and a fried egg - it was yummy!)

1 of those indiv pkts of honey roasted peanuts (okay, yeh, I probably should have skipped these)

a few sunflower seeds (ALOT less than what I normally have!)

an orange
a few cherry tomatoes

1.5 homemade hamburger patties with cheese and mayo (no bun) (should have probably just had the 1, not 1.5)

baked beans (which probably had too much sugar)

well, heck! I thought I had done so good! now, typing it out, it doesn't sound that great!

oh, and I'm on my 3rd or 4th BIG water

*sigh* considering how I 'WAS' eating, this isn't bad! we don't have alot of veggies in the house (I need to go to the store this weekend), and that will help!

Any comments on mine?
and SO HOW'D YOU DO???
Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Shyla, the good news is that you are recognizing what you are doing wrong. That is a great start, and it really does help by keeping a journal of what you eat and drink. It all looks a lot different when it's written down. Are you on Phase 1 or 2? If you are following P1, you aren't allowed fruit or starches yet.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:58 PM   #3  

Hey shyla! Your menu isn't looking too bad, other than the honey roasted peanuts and the baked beans. Peanuts and beans aren't bad, but I think you're right in that the honey and whatever was in the beans probably had a bit of sugar. BUUUUT like you said, this is probably an improvement over what you used to eat, and tomorrow is another day!

As for me, my day went like this:
Breakfast--1/2 cup oatmeal with tsp. walnuts, cinnamon, and packet of Splenda; cup of coffee w/skim milk and Splenda
Snack--cheese stick
Lunch--small bowl of spicy chicken and bean soup (recipe found here) and a grapefruit
Snack--assorted fresh veggies with tsp. dip and 2 by 1 inch piece of cake (we had a baby shower at work)
Dinner--broiled tomato w/parmesan and 4 oz. turkey tenderloin
Dessert--6 oz. sf cocoa mix with skim milk

I've had about 48 oz. of water today, but I really should have about 60...oh well. Aside from the baby shower thing, I think I did okay. My big challenge now is going to be eating right over the weekend since I am going out of town. Wish me luck!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:02 PM   #4  
Staying on track!!

well, I'm on Phase II, I guess. I had started SBD on 1/1, did great up until about a week ago, and am jumping back on the bandwagon starting today. Technically, I am probably supposed to go back to Phase I, but I'm not.....

also, for "dessert" tonight (after I typed all this), I had 6 Tbsps of Cool Whip (for 75 cal, since I don't do sugar free stuff)........ ummm... I also was eating more sunflower seeds just now while I worked at my desk.... :blush:
Old 02-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Here is what I had today. My breakfast and dinner ideas came from this site. Thank You!!

20oz half caff coffee
4 phts sweet-n-low
2 tbsp FF half and half

Breakfast - Egg muffin ( egg beaters, real bacon pieces, FF mozzarella cheese and shredded Zucchini)
5.5 oz V-8 Juice

Snack - Part Skim String Cheese

Lunch - Healthy Choice Honey ham rolled around Part Skim swiss cheese and lettuce leaves with mustard

Snack - 20 dry roasted peanuts

Dinner - Taco casserole (no shells) on a bed of lettuce with ff shredded cheese, tomatoes, ff sour cream and salsa

Dessert - Sugar Free Jello
Cool Whip Free

64+ ounces - water This is usually all I drink except for 2 cups of coffee in the morning
Old 02-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Shyla, great idea for a thread!

Have you read the SBD book? It sounds like you might have missed some of the points. If you haven't been beaching it for a while, you'll want to do at least one week of Phase 1 (no sugar of any kind, no starches, no fruit) to detox the sugar from your system. Then you don't want to eat any sugar in Phase 2 either...a tiny bit here and there (like 2 Tbsp of Cool Whip Free or a Tbsp of honey in a recipe serving four or more people) is okay, but otherwise, none. Baked beans have tons of sugar...why not try fat free refried beans with some cheese and salsa, make 3 bean salad (with stevia?), or putting chickpeas on a salad? Beans really help keep you regular and their carbs keep you energized.

You also need a lot more veggies. What about eating those burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle? Messy, but good! Also, some side veggie dishes would help you stay full and satisfied and help your weight drop.

I know you can do this!
Old 02-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #7  
Staying on track!!

Laurie - I'd only been OP for like a week, so didn't really WANT to go back to Phase I. re: reading the book, I've read parts of it, but not the whole entire thing. I thought I had picked out the main parts. re: the sugar (ie - Cool Whip), I had posted in another post that I don't use artificial sweeteners, and since they want you to have dessert every day, didn't know what to do, so someone had suggested that I eat 75 cals of something sweet, which was that 6 Tbsps of Cool whip. Otherwise, I'm getting no sweets at all and binging. re: the veggies, I need to go to the store; I could have used some canned or frozen, but those aren't as appealing to me.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Hi, Shyla!

I do understand what you are saying about the sweets. Suzanne suggested the 75 cals of something sweet. When picking that something, keep these ideas in mind:
  • 75 cals of something sweet could seriously impact your weightloss on this plan. We don't count calories in general, and we eat more food that you do on other plans. This works well because we don't have cravings after detoxing. If you eat even this little amount of sweets, you may find yourself craving and eating too much. If this happens, you may want to either join WW or another diet, or start putting your calories through www.fitday.com to ensure you aren't eating too much.
  • The item should be something that has as much nutrients as possible, so a mini snickers bar would be preferable over 75 calories of something made mostly from sugar, like pixy stix or hard candies.
  • The item should contain either fat, acid, or fiber to slow the absorbtion of sugar into your system. If you're going for Cool Whip, you'd want to eat light or full fat to increase the fat level, but be aware that Cool Whip has the worst fat of all...partially hydrogenated. You'd be better off eating sweetened whipping cream which has saturated fat. Bad, but not nearly as bad as hydrogenated fats. You could try whipped cream on a bowl of fresh fruit. Dried fruit dipped in chocolate (fiber). Mini snickers bar (peanuts for fiber, also fat). Lemon drops (acid).
  • Have some protein before, with, and after the sweet to minimize impact on blood sugar levels. A piece of cheese (small) would be ideal for this.

I hope that helps.

I understand about veggies, just try to increase them. Most of us have found that the more veggies we eat the more we lose.

You really ought to read all of the book, not just parts, especially if you're going to add sugar into it. It really helps you understand.

Shyla, I can tell you are trying really hard with this, and I think that's great!
Old 02-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm seriously lacking veggies today!! I haven't had ANY!!!!

Breakfast:
Mock French Toast w/ 1-2TBS SF syrup
2 Cups of coffee w/ about 1tsp Splenda some ff half and half and a splash of CM flavored creamer in the 2nd cup...I know...bad, bad, bad!

Snack
30 Pistachios

Lunch
Crustless Pizza

I've drank about 40 oz of water so far today.

Who knows what we'll have for dinner tonight. I guess I had better start thinking of something. I need to run to the store to get veggies for my trip this w/e
Old 02-04-2005, 05:27 PM   #10  
Staying on track!!

what is mock french toast made from?
Old 02-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #11  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Mock French Toast is made with Ricotta Cheese, egg white, egg, Splenda packet, cinnamon, and vanilla. I don't think I"ve forgotten anything there. It's listed in the Breakfast food for p1 thread.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

I just wanted to add that I absolutely LOVE the mock french toast!! It's such a nice change from eggs. I'm not even a small fan of ricotta cheese and I don't notice it's in there.

I'm not big on artificial sweeteners either. I'm still trying to figure out my coffee. I use Splenda. I don't care what they say.....it does not taste like sugar!!!!! So, I feel your pain.

This w/e is going to bust my diet but I'm going to do my best to stay on top.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Gish, have you tried stevia? I haven't used it because splenda and equal don't bother me at all, but it may be just the thing you need! See my reply to shyla's post about that.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #14  
Staying on track!!

has anybody tried the mock french toast WITHOUT a sweetener? if I left out the splenda, would it totally suck?

that's why I passed over it in the recipe area, I think.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:01 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Gish, have you tried stevia? I haven't used it because splenda and equal don't bother me at all, but it may be just the thing you need! See my reply to shyla's post about that.
I've never tried it... You can only get it at health food stores, right? I don't know of any nearby, but if I ever see one, I'll stop in and buy some.
Closed Thread