Happy Groundhog Day!

• It's going to be a late spring here!
  • How cute! Well if it keeps up here there will be no shadow for us either. That's ok cause the buttercps are already blooming all over the yard.
  • Oh, p-off, Bamie. You and your damned good weather.
  • Hey it is raining you know! lol! Not to mention the high is only 41* today! lol (see Ellis with flames shooting out her ears!)
  • Bamie, you crack me up!

Ellis, if I remember from CA, rain is a Big Deal for those sunny people...so we can at least feel a little sorry for poor Bamie... NOT!

It's going to be mid to low 30s here and I'm ready to pull out my shorts. How sick and twisted is that?

When I moved here, I freaked out when spring didn't come in March....or April....or May.... I now know that no matter what the weather does to tease me, I shouldn't expect real spring until mid to late May, if then. The old adage is true:

In New York, you get four seasons. Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and....Construction.
  • So true Laurie (re: NY)
  • No spring til late May!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG we already have our pools open by then! Y'all need to head south for winter and North for summer. lol
  • Bamie, I know!

My parents are huge spendthrifts, so they never wanted to pay to heat the pool. Therefore, we couldn't use it until it got hot enough to heat the pool to a decent temp. That always happened by my birthday, which is March 30. The people here look aghast when I mention that. March here is a cold, snowy month, prone to blizzards and huge snowfalls. What is this CA girl doing in NY??? Love, darling!
  • It doesn't work that way, Bamie. Not in Ottawa, anyhow. It's frigid in the winter, and like a freakin' sauna in the summer.
    Tell me again why my parents moved here...
    Must have been for the autumn. It's lovely here in the fall. For about two weeks.
  • Ellis how hot does it get there? Is the humidity bad there like it is here? I love findin out about other peoples weather.
  • Yup, fall and spring are gorgeous...and short.

The first summer we had here was a drought. I was sure that it would always be dry and hot like at home. I had a rude awakening when we returned to normal the next summer...basically it's either raining buckets with lightning or it's 95 with 500% humidity. Oy, it's so humid!
  • So it's humid up North as well? I always heard y'all didn't have humidity up there like we do down here. hummmmm.
  • The crocuses are crocusing in Vancouver! (I suppose I should say the croci are croci-ing)
  • Shaddup, Merrylegs!
  • It's supposed to get to 37F here tomorrow and maybe melt the snow!