South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 07:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Help!!! I don't want to ruin what I've accomplished

I've been doing so good but this weekend has the potential to be damaging. We're going to a small gaming town for Superbowl w/e which will include partaking of alcoholic beverages.....mmmmm, beeeeeeeer, gambling, clubing, eating....so on and so forth. It's usually a pretty wild w/e.

I've lost 10 pounds and I'm going to try my hardest to eat what I'm supposed to eat but how bad will the beer blow my loss? We're planning on doing PhI when we get back to detox again but I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #2  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Okay, at the beginning of my PH2 I went to the Darryl Worley Concert and had plenty of beer and a brkfst burrito (at 230a). I felt super sluggish the next day and gained a .5lb and decided to go back on PH1 to lose the additional weight.

I would recommend for the drinking... maybe whiskey/rum (your choice) and diet coke/diet dr pepper? (low carb) or slight moderation of beer(like one). Think about how much better you willl look in a couple of weeks and is it worth a couple of beers on a weekend? (Just think how stellar you will look next Superbowl )
Old 02-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Nat, you have a very small amount to lose, and therefore, much more chance of gaining the whole amount back with a little slipup. If you are serious about making this a change for life, try to keep away from beer, period. It has the highest GI of any other food, even sugar!

Try having red wine instead...easier to stick to one glass, and it doesn't cause problems. Try making a dish to take with that is SBD safe, and bring along lots of fresh veggies and dip. You can do this!
Old 02-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

I've been racking my brain on how to stay OP. I'm going to take a cooler and pack veggies. I'm also going to bring my own salad dressing (they have awesome salads at the Sports Pub).

I was thinking of sticking with Bloody Mary's. What about whiskey, is that okay? I like Jack & coke....now it'll have to be diet coke.

I really appreciate your input!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #5  

I'd stick with straight liqour/diet soda or club soda mixers and I'd have plenty of water along with it. Great idea on eating plenty of veggies and bringing your dressing
Old 02-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #6  

Hmm, I take the opposite tack from the others in this thread. I say go on your weekend, have a good time, eat as well as you can and when you come back Monday get right back on the eating plan.

This is a diet for life, and if you're serious about it you'll realize that you simply can't control everything you eat every day for the rest of your life. One day or one weekend isn't going to throw you off forever, unless you use it as a jumping off point to go right back to bad habits. You're not going to gain back ten pounds over one weekend, no matter how much you eat!

I try to look ahead and see what's coming up and plan accordingly. For example, in February I have two things coming up - a Saturday night stay at a hotel a few miles away, and the following weekend is the annual dog sled races (yes, we have dog sled races here!). Both are party days.

The weekend out of town I'm going to make sure I go snowshoeing both days to work off some extra calories, and I'll do my best to eat well but I'm not going to have a hissy if the menu doesn't include a perfect SBD meal. I'll stay away from beer and drink wine or light mixed drinks (vodka sodas or diet soda based drinks).

The dog sled races are a little easier - it'll just be a night out with some drinks. I can stick to the previously mentioned drinks, and work out a little extra those days.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:15 PM   #7  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Nat, Im a Jack and Diet Coke girl!

**I also like Kentucky Tavern it's pretty good too smoother than Jack**

Have fun this weekend, you'll do fine!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #8  

Beer is THE WORST according to Dr. A. Have a Jack&Diet Coke or something like that, and pledge to yourself to drink water in between your drinks. Also have a small amount of what you like instead of everything that is there. Eat slowly and pay attention to when you are feeling full. Think about what you have accomplished and how food is so not worth undoing all of your hard work.
Closed Thread