What's for Dinner Tonight?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I put a very lean piece of corned beef into the crockpot at 6 this morning. We will have it with cabbage, carrots and potatoes for Harry. I may make ricotta creme for dessert if the ricotta hasn't expired! If it has, The Girls will eat it for breakfast.
  • We are having Simple Eggplant casserole. In addition to the eggplant and other things in the recipe, I add zucchini and mushrooms. I'll serve it with WW shell or penne pasta.
  • I have no idea! I need to go to the store and i am so tired and don't want to. It's my time to whine! lol
  • Well one of my leftover frozen chili. on my way to my new class.. That means DP is on his own..
  • We're grilling swordfish, asparagus and zuchinni on our raclette and a small bowl of strawberries Yummmmmmm
  • 2 small George Foreman grilled chicken breasts (homemade marinade) on a salad with a side of veggie goulash!
  • Roast duck with the skin removed and fat drained
    Garlic mustard greens (found it in the recipes section somewhere)
    Pinto bean "soup"
    Side salad for me, winter squash for DH

i will have a big cafe au lait for dessert.
  • Ok back from the store... Grilled chicken salad and a bag of brocolli. Gotta lose 10 tonight! lol Although DH is sandin the walls he had to fix from the pantry. If I don't lose 10 I'll know it was the sheetrock mud dust I ate! lol!!!!
  • Lean ham and mesclan salad with acid free tomatoes, cucumber and roasted capsicum with yogurt for dessert.
  • What in the world are acid free tomatoes?
  • There are several tomatoes that have been developed as acid-free or lower acidity. Roma tomatoes and other plum-types are frequently lower acid.
  • tonight I am having fish and broc salad.
  • I'm having a sandwich on carb conscious ww bagel and a side salad, maybe 3 bean salad? Eating at the dining hall at school, so not many choices.

Later this week I'll be trying the curried chicken and spinach recipe in the forums, and a "buddha's delight" tofu stir fry recipe from Cooking Light.
  • tonight I am going to do another type of wrap (ate chicken and salad in a WW tortilla last night rather than a boring salad). 99% FF ham and cheese perhaps and soup!
  • Quote: There are several tomatoes that have been developed as acid-free or lower acidity. Roma tomatoes and other plum-types are frequently lower acid.
    I didn't realise that roma tomatoes were acid free as well. I buy mini-roma's by the punnet. So yummy! And they look great on kebabs.

The acid-free that I buy are egg shaped and they may be called italian tomatoes in the rest of the world because they look the same shape as the canned italian tomatoes that I buy. They are really fleshy, not so many pips, and not so acidic (obviously). My daughter takes them to school in her lunchbox when they are in season.