South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 01:15 PM   #31  

Ruthxxx:
I am so used to Atkins that I just assumed all those thigs were ok! Oops. I better get the South Beach Diet book instead of just relying on stuff I've read on the SB web site!
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Chickies...or almost afternoon here so it must be late almost everywhere else!

I've had a crappy morning . Some friends of mine are mad at me over something that they took the wrong way so I've been trying to rectify it. I guess we'll see what happens. This is one of those things that you get mad over in high school so it's pretty childish but I guess people take things different ways.

It was good coming on the board and reading a lot of your good news (weight loss, call backs from younger guys, etc.). I really needed a pick-me-up! So thank you!

I had a theory last night about getting the weight loss started again. Some of you may find it wrong but a lot of time I splurge a little on something off the plan, weight starts dropping. So I forced myself to eat pizza....and I'm being completely serious when I say that. I didn't have one single craving for pizza, cheeseburgers, french fries or anything! I'll chalk that up to the SBD. I ate it and then got right back OP. It was my first real cheat this month which is way better than I've ever done. We'll see what happens. I also started taking some fiber pills to get the stuff flowing again. I know you're all thinking that I need to eat more veggies and I probably do. I'll work on that week, K?

I'm off to do some work and see if I have a response back from my friends yet.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:27 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper15173
Ok, here is what I have eaten for today so far. And plan for dinner. I want to know what I need to change before I go to the store this evening.
Phase II
Breakfast:
2 lg. eggs w/some onions
2 turkey bacon
Snack:
1 sm banana
Lunch:
Can of tuna in water
1 1/2 tbsp. mayo reg kind (ran our of lf)
1/2 to 3/4 cup lf cottage chees
1 slice lf swiss
Planned dinner;
Gordons grilled fish
1 c. suated summer sqush & zucc. w/ onins in Smart beat marg.
1 cup butter beans
Snacks for afternoon & evening will be;
FF jello w/ lf cool whip
peanut butter cup sf fudge bar, peanut butter, cool whip

I have had o 1 diet soda and 20 oz water so far today.

Any help would be great. I know just by looking I need more vegs. I am just not a veggie eater.
Thanks
What is in the Gorton's grilled fish? I buy individually frozen tilapia filets and add lemon pepper seasoning and cook in a little olive oil. Just check the ingredients to make sure yours have nothing off plan in them.

I agree you need more veggies. I like to add mushrooms and/or zucchini to my eggs.

Make sure you are not eating too much Cool Whip. I think the limit is 2 TBSP.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #34  

I spent too much time checking up on the other threads so I'm going to post before I read!

Well into day 3 of phase 1 and loving the results! Already I have lost 3.2 pounds and my pants are fitting less snug! Have not yet had headaches or tiredness. The only thing I have noticed is that I can actually feel how low my blood sugar is right when I wake up. I go and have some cheese even before my shower now because I'm famished. I haven't had any carb cravings after the very first day, but I am not going to take that for granted. I finally got the SBD book and I'm reading reading reading. I really like the book and Dr. Agatstan's (how in the world do you say that?) writing style.

Just wanted to check in, hope everyone is doing OK!

Oh yeah, are RuthXXX and Ellis related???
Old 01-25-2005, 03:22 PM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis is my adopted daughter but don't tell her mother! We try to keep it a big secret!
JUST KIDDING! I met her on 3FC chat and have actually met her several time IRL and have seen her kitchen! Strange things happen on the internet!
Old 01-25-2005, 03:38 PM   #36  
A Lily from my yard!

Speakin of meeting... is there any word on the 3FatChicks reunion?
I think I have ate more today than I have ate in the past week! Tryin to get my 3 meals and 2 snacks in. I've already gotten all my water! WooHoo! Oh I have a question... My MIL has my book. Can't half of your water be a sugar free drink? I've had all water but was just wondering. Sometimes I like a little spice in my life! lol
Old 01-25-2005, 04:39 PM   #37  

Default I am back!

Hi, ladies!

I have been off of the beach for soooo long now. It feels awful! I am going to RI specifically to shop for legal food because I am SICK of not eating well. Luckily, I haven't gained that much, but I am totally feel the difference. I am actually jealous of you ladies who have been eating healthily this whole time!

The holidays, getting law school apps- finishing the awful essay- just not fun! I am getting back on track as of tomorrow. I did go to the gym, which is now right next to work, so I have no excuse not to go. Although my legs still hurt from last night. Tomorrow, I am heading back!

Hope y'all are staying warm and enjoying the beach! I am wearing sunglasses to protect my eyes from the glare of the snow, at least!

Kelly
Old 01-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #38  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome back Kelly! We saved your spot in the sand!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:50 PM   #39  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I am going to try this again. 3rd time lucky. I have tried to post 2 longs ones already today and lost them both. GRRRRRR. Then the day turned bad. I had a house full of sick kids my own dd being the worst. I did mange to get my 4th of 7 dance routines started, with all that said I did stay OP.
Well off to bed I now have a stuffy nose and a headache. Thanks kids. Well hugs to all and maybe tomorrow I can post to all of you chicks. Goodnight
Old 01-25-2005, 08:52 PM   #40  

Height: 5'-2"

I notice you didn't say anything NICE about my unfinished kitchen, Ruthless!
Ruth is the best mom that anyone could ask for.
And Laurie is our love child.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:53 PM   #41  

Height: 5'-2"

Tabitha, get better soon, sweetie!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #42  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Ok, just have to post quickly. I'm sooo very proud of myself!! Tonight, I was at a mtg with a few other women, well, they always serve yummy desserts. I did'nt go near the yummy carrot or german chocolate cake!! Funny thing, I wasn't even tempted!! WOOHOO!! Then I came home & ate 2 pieces of sugar free chocolate. G'nite ladies! See you tomorrow!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:12 PM   #43  
RNMOM

Default Nighty night

Well, I just got back from a meeting at our church and refreshments were served. Hot fudge sundaes and hot carmel sauce...........RUDE! Anyway, I didn't have any cause it's just not worth the detox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, good night and sleep tights. Don't let any of Ellis's mice come bite.
Closed Thread