South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #1  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Default Hubby got me hooked on SBD

Hey everyone! I have posted here a few times, mostly looking for information for my husband. I tried SB this past summer and did ok, but I never truly made it work. My Dh and decided to get onto plans around the first of the year. I went on something else and thought it was hard to be eating different things than him. So last week I decided to join him on the Beach. This is the first time that I have done Phase 1 cheat-free. Last week was tough, I felt achy, tired, and my head throbbed, but I stuck with it. I have lost a lot already, although I'm sure it's water weight, but who cares! My cravings are GONE...I never thought that would happen. I still feel tired, but it could be the weather or fighting off a cold, but other than that I feel really good. My pants are starting to fit a little better. I am so happy that I chose to do this! Sad to say, he hasnt been as determined to stay on it and has had several cheats, but I keep packing healthy breakfasts, snacks, and lunches for him. I figure that he has to be the one in control of what goes in his mouth, but I try and make things as easy for him as possible. I think that alot of whats helping me this time is to experiment with different recipes and foods. It keeps me from getting so bored. I have 5 days left of Phase 1, but since I have so much to lose I am considering staying on it for a few more weeks. Anyhow, I just wanted to say hello to you all again! I am going to try and post more often, because I really think it helps with so much support.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:43 PM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Congratulations on doing Phase I cheat free. You are right about your dh, he has to choose what is going into his mouth and you are doing the right thing by providing the right choices. You keep going.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Rebel, and congrats on getting rid of the cravings! It's worth going through Phase 1 in order to get rid of them!

I agree, variety really helps keep things interesting. There are a ton of great recipes in the recipe forum here, especially for Phase 1! I love the Taco Bake, the stuffed chicken, and the white chicken chili. I also get lots of recipes from Cooking Light. You can find them online at www.cookinglight.com (you have to register but it's free and worth the time!).

As to doing Phase 1 longer...you may find that it drives you off plan or makes this unbearable for you. In fact, you may lose more on Phase 2 after a while than you would if you stayed on Phase 1. Dr. A recommends that you not do it for longer than 2 weeks. That said, some people on our board have done it successfully for longer. It's your decision, but be very aware of your feelings and if you are gettin bored or dying to cheat, it's time to switch to Phase 2.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome back Rebel!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:42 AM   #5  

Welcome to the Beach, Rebel!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, Rebel! It's nice to see you again!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:22 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hey Rebel~~Welcome back!!
(I'm back, too)