Will I feel sluggish at first?

• kpw, thank you for the links in my question post. I'm starting to see where this diet is going. I'll pick up the book on Friday, when I get paid. Really this gang as given me enough I could probably start right away. I'm just very nervous about giving up carbs for 14 days. That seems a little scary to me, considering that's what I mainly eat. I remember when everyone was hooked on the whole atkins thing how tired and cranky they were. Will I have those kind of issues for the first 14 days? Or will it only last a couple? I think I will start on Saturday just in case, but let me know if anybody did or didn't have problems.
    Thank you!!!!!
  • You may have but it usually passes by day 3. Depends on how much detoxin you have to do. Mine wasn't really that bad but some people get pretty bad. It just really depends on each person. But no matter how bad it is it is worth it afterwards because you feel so good and your body feels better. Good luck! I need to redo phase1 over and detox from the holidays. I have been sick since the New Year and have not redone phase 1 yet and want to wait til I get back from my Mom's over the w-end.
  • I just wanted to mention - you will NOT be giving up carbs for 2 weeks. Vegetables are carbs - just good-carbs - you can have as many of those as you want - the more the better actually. Sorry I used to do Atkins as well and it is a hard mindset to switch - when on Atkins even your veggies were limited.

Once you start trying to incorporate so many more veggies - you really forget about what you are not having.

You should not be hungry at all - if you are, then eat something!

I think the absolute key to phase one is to the read the book thoroughly, then plan plan plan. Have as many meals, and snacks premade as possible - I would cut up celery and cauliflower on Sunday to last the week for snacks. Make a big batch of soup for lunches - it is SO much easier to follow if you do not have to think about what is for dinner at dinner time.

Just my 2 cents - welcome to the beach.

Kim
  • Good advice. I must reiterate that you are NOT giving up carbs! Legumes are great on Phase I so have some lentil or pea soup to assuage any carb cravings.
  • And don't forget your dairy. It will help you feel better and lose weight. I know that it is bad-mouthed on Atkins but it is so good for you and helps you get through phase 1. Try some fat free plain yogurt (sweeten with Splenda or a SF syrup or vanilla) if you aren't crazy about milk. The newspaper had an article about osteopirosis this week that made me really think about whether I get enough calcium.