South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 10:01 AM   #16  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chickies

Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. I was feeling a little low We had a rockin good time at the chili cookoff and partied until the wee hours of the morning for the 2 fortieth birthday parties. Somehow we must have thought we were 21 again. I met a nice young man who couldn't believe that I was 40. He looked like he walked off a GQ cover. He was very good for the ego needless to say. I saw tons of people at the party that I went to school with. It was like mini class reunion.

I managed to stay OP with food but somehow must have had some sugar, I tried a drink mixed with Red Bull and that must have done it. I'm not sure how much damage it will do but it is good to know that I can stay OP with food no matter where I go. I had a big salad before the chili cookoff and then had another big salad before the birthday parties. I had cheese wedges and veggie tray at the party. I had an emergency bag of peanuts in my purse that I never even got into.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Stay OP!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #17  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Bami - I just read your post from yesterday - you crack me up. Yes if anyone needs advice on how to send someone screaming back to lost mate just check in for advice. Did you read the post about the young man so now if he runs off and gets engaged then we will know I have problem. Besides I saw the old flame with his fiancee this weekend at the chili cookoff. I kind of had a feeling I would so I dressed up in my new Chicos outfit and looked smokin'. He kept staring at me and he tried to talk to me but his fiancee came running across the room when she saw him follow me out the door. I managed to say to him that I hope his life and marriage go well. Onward and upward ladies.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:09 AM   #18  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies!!

Wow...you guys are amazing...we're already on the second page! Not much is going on here...I have to work 1-7:30 tonight and then I might stop by Target to see if they have any dark bootcut bluejeans...the ones I got at kohls the other night i'm not sure if I like them...anyways....it's really cold here....and I LOVE IT!...A lot of people have the day off today so I'm sure the store is gonna be busy....should be interesting...I was planning on bike riding this morning...but really it's too cold lol I might manage to bundle up tomorrow on my day off and go out for a ride.......I'm crossing my fingers on looking at cars tomorro!!! I hope you all have a pleasant day!!! Everyone keep warm!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:11 AM   #19  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Laurie;
At Friday's it does include the atkins dishes. I had the salad and grilled chicken with broccoli, the dessert is the atkins cheesecake. Pretty good deal for $12.99 in this part of the country.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #20  

RNMOM - You are doing great! It has to be very hard on your body to have a schedule like that. I hope you get the sleep you need.

Artemis - Sorry to hear about the allergy. DH has food allergies and I have to watch out. It is nice to read to kids, isn't it. My 7 year old reads a lot to himself in the daytime but I always read to him at night in his bed. We have been through over 90 books of The Boxcar Children. One more left and I need to wait for them to write more!

Ruth - Dinner ideas? Hmmm. Tonight is grilled tilapia with rice, soy ginger asparagus and green beans. Later this week is Hot and Sour soup, Mu Shu Pork, Pita bread Pizzas, Simple Eggplant Casserole, and one more thing which I just can't remember right now. Last night was the Meatball and veggie recipe from the cookbook with whole wheat thin spaghetti. I used zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and spinach. Yum!

Mama - You don't want to cut those carbs to zero. Have you tried increasing the amount of vegetables you eat?

Nally - Have fun with your nephews! My 7 year old will be at his day care/afterschool program all day today. They are going skating so he should have fun.

Little Chick - I'm sure you will do fine learning the dance steps. I keep wanting to try a step class but my gym only has Advanced Step and I am such a klutz when it comes to complicated patterns. How do they think you prepare for Advanced Step if they won't teach a Basic/Beginners step class.

cottage - Don't disappear when you are blue. That's what we are here for.

Bups - Try some Brown Sugar Twin. I really like it on my oatmeal. Or there is a recipe for making it with Splenda and SF maple syrup too.

Chipper - I always gain when I eat out no matter how good I eat. I think they use too much salt.

Heidi - You will regain your energy. Some gain it back on the second week of phase 1 and some don't until they get to phase 2 and start adding back in more carbs. Make sure you are eating your legumes and drinking your milk/eating your yogurt. Those will help.

Laurie - I feel down in the dumps when I don't exercise. If you can get DH to go with you, that would be great for both of you. I cannot get my DH to exercise and he REALLY needs it. However, working out in the morning has just never worked for me except maybe in the summer on a weekend. I just have to get my body warmed up before I can think of exercising.

Amber - Congrats on the loss!

Anchor - How do you meet these young men? Sounds like you had a great time!

HistoryChick - I love Target! I was there this weekend getting some workout shorts and they had a pair of my work pants for just less than $9! Sure I had to hem them up since they weren't petites but I can sure hem for that price. Good luck with the clothes hunt.

Me - I got approved to take Wed - Friday off this week. Yeah! I get to start pulling up carpet in our living room and laying down tile. I hope there aren't any big cracks to patch but at least I am good at it now. Tile is so much better on our allergies. (I picked this week since I have so much stuff going on at night that I figured this would be one way to have time for exercise in the daytime - It is Pinewood Derby week!)
Old 01-17-2005, 11:24 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacita
I'm a little bummed about the scale, though. I seem to be "stuck" bouncing between 191 and 189. Seems no matter what I do, unless I cut my carbs to ZERO I don't lose at all...even with the 5 days a week exercise. I think I'm going to make an appointment with the doc and see what he can recommend.
The same thing happens to me every ten pounds. I hit a plateau at 190 and 180, where I was up and down about three pounds, and it was pretty frustrating. I just cut down a bit on my carbs - but not completely - and wait it out a couple weeks, then my weight starts moving steadily down again.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Holy smokes! 21 posts already.

I finally got the treadmill out of the box and the lighter parts lugged upstairs. My friend Moel and his buddy are going to carry up the heavy part later today. Maybe for a beer they'll put it together! It will fit nicely into the bathroom and I can just fall off it and into the shower. I hate sweating except during sex or gardening!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:08 PM   #23  

Wow, your going to put your treadmill in the bathroom? That's a good idea, I drink so much water, I have to constantly put the eliptical trainer on pause and RUN to the restroom at the health club. Kinda embarassing when you have a hot guy next to you and he looks at you like you've lost your mind. Who cares what they think, though! At least I'm there!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it IS a big bathroom. We are in an old house and it used to be one of the bigger bedrooms. There's even a built in couch! So I can soak or snooze! There's also a lovely view out the window which has no curtains as we have no neighbours out there.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:50 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, I'm a little frustrated this morning ! I did everything right last week and not one little pound did the scale show. It's the same as it was last week. However, I have lost 1/4" on my waist and 1" on my hips which is good, I guess. I'm just frustrated at the number. The good news is I did exercise this morning. Granted, it was in the bathroom....but it was by the bathroom . I got on my elliptical and did a good 40 minutes. I'm glad I did it but I sure missed sleeping that extra hour this morning.

I didn't do too much over the weekend. I went up to Santa Barbara to meet with a bride and groom. We had to go through La Conchita to get there so we went right by the mudslide. It really is surreal to be looking at such a tragedy. Knowing that 10 people died under that big pile of dirt gave me a big dose of reality.

Saturday night I also went out to Fridays. I love that place and love that I can eat OP! Sunday, I went to the sports bar to watch the Vikings fall to the Eagles . I didn't really expect them to go all the way anyway. I spent the rest of the day going to Costco and then transferring all the stuff in my wedding emergency bag to a new one. I have a bridal show to do this weekend that I'm looking forward to.

Well, that was my non-eventful weekend. Hope everyone has a wonderful day !
Old 01-17-2005, 02:09 PM   #26  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522
How do you meet these young men? Sounds like you had a great time!
Barb - He is the first one that I have met. The other date I had was my age. He came up and introduced himself to me. I had rides all evening (responsible drinker) so I just hit the dance floor with my friends and danced for hours. Otherwise I was socializing. I don't think about dating and flirting. The last time I dated or flirted the dinosaurs roamed the earth. He said he was attracted to me all night but didn't know that I was 40. He said I looked late 20's. Obviously I liked him right away. But I told him to go play with kids his own age.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #27  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh Amy... So much I could say if only I felt like it! lol Right now my humor has left the building! I'm glad you had a good time and met you a young blood! Oh not to mention a lil rubbing in ol what's his name's face. teehee! Hey the new thing is older women and younger men! Get it Girl! haha Hey get 'em young and train 'em up right! lol Ok I'm outta here feeling so bad today. May need to go back to the doc now!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:55 PM   #28  

Ruth your bathroom sounds divine... ohh how I love a soak, but these days have to compete with a toddler who likes to jump in with me and swim like Nemo and practices talking whale
Closed Thread