South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #1  

Exclamation Not really losing...

Hey,
I just started the South Beach Diet about a week ago and it seems to as though I'm gaining weight rather than losing.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:00 PM   #2  

Please post an entire days menu of food and drinks and we'll see if we notice anything. Welcome!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #3  

Talking Not really losing reply

I was on South Beach for about 3 months and I lost about 20 pounds. It usually is awhile before you see results as was the case for me. It was more of inches lost than pounds. I couldn't feel that I was losing weight but it was coming off from somewhere. I would keep measurements as well just to be sure. Good Luck!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #4  

Any given day is different:
breakfast: 2 "egg mufifins" in the morning around 7:00
Then lunch around 12 typically consists of a salad with tuna or chicken
usual a mid afternoon snack is something like part-skim string cheese or pumpkin seeds.
Dinner does however tend to be what I scrounge up. Other people in my house are doing Atkins and WW so it's battle of the diets around here.
But typically dinner consists of some kind of chicken ands vegtables like brocolli or brussel sprouts.
I haven't been drinking much throught out the day...just a 1 mug of coffee in the mornigng and then a fruit2O with lunch and a water in the afternoon and usualy a sugar Free soft dirnk with dinner.
After Dinner my day is over so there is usually nothing more going into me!
Thanks for you help!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #5  

Can you explain what an egg muffin is?
If you are on phase 1, then you should be eating every 3 hours. I'm not seeing a morning snack. It doesn't look like you are getting enough vegetables. It is recommended that you eat 4 1/2 cups of vegetables a day. You are also not drinking nearly enough water.

In my case, I only lost 4 pounds during phase 1 but I was on a diuretic so I didn't lose any weight from water. I did continue to lose 1-2 pounds on phase 2 so I was okay with it.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #6  

It's a recipe fomr the SBD cookbook...basically it's egg, peppers, onion, mushrooms and turkey sausage. Easy for when I'm running out the door!

I have realized I'm not dirnking enough I suppose i jsut didn't think it would be suchan important factor.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #7  

Yeah.. I notice that my weight loss definitely slows when I am not drinking enough water.. try for 2 litres per day.

Hi and welcome to the site.. I may have missed your hello I have been away from the computer for the last week.
M
Old 01-08-2005, 08:08 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

It's definitely the water. Drink up, girl, and the weight will come off!!
Old 01-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #9  

Thanks for everyone's input! The tips will definately be put to good use!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #10  

I'm experiencing the same thing...almost 1 week on the diet and no weight loss...Actually, I lost a pound and gained it back

I'm drinking more water now, but I really think you have to exercise to lose the weight. I don't see how just SBD can take the weight off...I think differences in age, amount of weight to lose, diet history etc, play a role as well...So, we'll all lose in different ways and at different rates.

Let's just hang in and keep going. And, drink up
Old 01-08-2005, 10:08 PM   #11  

Oh boy am I not losing anymore. I had such a great loss at the beginning of the week of 5 lbs and now nothing. everyday I struggle between a loss and gain of one pound. I have exercise for three times this week between 30m - 1hr and still nothing. However, I read on a thread yesterday that diary does not include cheese. So I'm gonna start my diary and more water tomorrow hopefully by my official weigh in on Tuesday after Big Fat Loser I will have lost at least 2 more pounds.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

As a general rule, if you aren't losing any weight, I would highly recommend tracking your calories for a week or so to try to see if there is anything that sticks out. You may realize that you are eating too few or too many calories or possibly eating too many "restricted" items.

I recently just started putting my food intake into fitday (which is free) so I could not only see how many calories I'm eating, but also to monitor my carb/protein/fat percentages.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie
As a general rule, if you aren't losing any weight, I would highly recommend tracking your calories for a week or so to try to see if there is anything that sticks out. You may realize that you are eating too few or too many calories or possibly eating too many "restricted" items.

I recently just started putting my food intake into fitday (which is free) so I could not only see how many calories I'm eating, but also to monitor my carb/protein/fat percentages.
Nellie, thanks for this tip. As a newbie, it gets very discouraging when this amount of sacrifice in food choice gleans no weight loss. My poor eating habits for months and months did the very same...So, I'm giving it another week, adding more water, start exercising (which I think is key) and tracking what I eat on Fitday.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:45 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Nelie, it is GREAT to see you back!

Chickies, please don't dispair about not seeing the scales move...especially if you've already lost 5 pounds this week! Seriously, you're aiming for 1-2 pounds a week in order to stay as far away from overstretched skin and gaining the weight back as possible.

Drink your water, watch your caffeine, and add not only cardio but strength training (lifting weights) to really make your weight fall off. Also, measure your fat and inches...both will tell you much more info than the scale alone. I haven't dropped much in the last two months...maybe 8-10 pounds, but I've dropped a pants size and my coat is getting big on me!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #15  

Default Craving

I have noticed the hardest thing for me is ot avoid too much snacking. I am a big snacker it has been abig change being on this diet. Anyone have any snack suggestions that aren't cheese or veggies?
Closed Thread