South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Default Stalled :(

I have stalled I'm in the last few days of Phase I and my scale hasn't moved since Saturday! Maybe it's because my monthly vistor came to town, but I'm not sure and I don't like it! This is my menu for yesterday, if you see anything wrong with it, please tell me :

Breakfast
3 scrambled eggs, turkey bolonga
1 cup fat free milk

Snack
Yogurt

Lunch
Sliced Tomatoe
Sliced Cucumber
Diet Rite

Snack
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter

Dinner
Salsa Chicken (recipe from Phase I forum)
Collard Greens
Texas Ranch Beans (Pinto's with spicy seasonings)

Sweet Treat
No Sugar Added Fudgesicle

I also drink my water and take a calcium supplement with my multi..........any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Jenn, the others will have suggestions, but I don't think you're eating enough. Your lunch is pretty slim, and you could probably stand to add some more veggies into breakfast/dinner.
Remember that if your body isn't getting sufficient calories, your metabolism will slow right down, and you'll stop losing.

And yes, your period could definitely be affecting your weight, too. You may be retaining some water.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #3  

I'm not sure Turkey Bolonga is allowed but maybe someone else knows for sure. I'm not seeing vegetables with your breakfast but you do have them with lunch and dinner. Are you getting 4 1/2 cups a day?

I would add some protein with lunch.

Most people don't lose as much in their second week of phase 1 although I just looked back and I lost 2.5 the first week and 1.5 the second. I had no water weight to lose since I was on a diuretic at the time. You might be retaining water because of TOM. Sometimes you just have to be patient. I have plateau'd for three or four weeks and then I will just drop three pounds in a week when it breaks. How much do you have to lose?
Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #4  

Usually I do have protein with lunch, just didn't yesterday. I have lost 7 lbs since 1/02, and I know that is really great, I would just love to see the scale budge a little. I have about 30-35 more pounds to lose, mostly belly fat........and I'm being patient, I know it takes time since it took time to add these pounds, but just a little budge would make me feel like I'm getting somewhere. Thanks to all you ladies for your help!

Started South Beach on Jan 02, 2004
Valentines Mini Goal 165
Old 01-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #5  

Default Going through the same thing!

I too have lost about 7-8 lbs but for the last 2 days I have been at a stand still. I have been told that sometimes your body will get weight points (usually a weight where you had been at for a length of time in the past) and wants to stay there. Whether this is true or not I have no idea but I am now at a weight that I had been at before for an extended period of time. Maybe some good exercise this weekend would give me a kick start to some more weight loss.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #6  

Now that I think of it Nilla, I've been at 171-173 so many times and stayed there for several years, that could be it. I'm gonna go jogging today and go about 2 or 3 miles, til I can't go anymore, and see if that will push me through this stall. Thanks

Started South Beach on Jan 02, 2004
Valentines Mini Goal 165
Closed Thread