3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday After Christmas Chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/50778-monday-after-christmas-chat.html)

Bamiegurl 12-27-2004 06:12 PM

Quick check in!
Welcome back Cottage by the sea! Congrats!
Welcome aboard DollyofOz! A great bunch of chicks no doubt! Congrats on your loss so far! WOW!

OMG I am getting back on the program this week. Will not even look at the scale right now! Gotta jet company is gone now but like Ruth I have Mt. Laundry to climb! UGH! Check on y'all chicks later I hope!

anchor weight 12-27-2004 06:15 PM

Hi Dolly,

Sounds like you are on the right track. Diet wise I mean. Since Feb of last year - that's great. It sounds like you know what to do. Sometimes I have to slow things down and take things one moment at a time. One snack at a time - one meal at a time. That helps me stay focused. Delayed gratification. Too bad about the personal trainer. Maybe they can substitute one for you? The last thing your trainer would want is for you to backslide due to his/her absence.

You are right - we are a very supportive, encouraging group. And you are very welcome here. Pull up a beach chair and tell us of your success over the last year. That may make you focus on the next week and tighten up. You can do it. I'm so sick of eating that I threw away half of my chicken breast that I had for lunch today because I just couldn't choke down another bite. But I did eat my whole salad!

chefladybug 12-27-2004 09:09 PM

Hello everyone! Happy holidays to you all. Like Little Chick, I'm very much snowed in, as my city has been battered by a blizzard for the last 24 hours. I'm not too upset because it meant an extra day off work! Things were really hectic at the restaurant before Christmas, and I'm pretty burned out.

Last year at this time I was just starting SB - I treated myself to some forbidden food over Christmas, but still tried to stay away from the bready things (however, I couldn't resist my mom's stuffing). I gained 2 lbs, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. On the plus side, I've officially moved into a single-digit size pair of pants!!!!!! This is a first for me, and I feel so happy and confident.

Everyone here at 3FC is a winner, and I'm happy I found you!

Take care!

solarmama 12-27-2004 10:29 PM

Hi ladies,

Well, now that the Holidays-of-Eating are mostly over, I am going to officially join your compnay - I start Phase I tomorrow morning. I would like to be able to be next year's DollyOfOz, with many pounds no longer under her belt! (Welcome!) Just before Thanksgiving I felt all jazzed and positive about becoming a smaller me - I had lost about 5 pounds and was getting into daily exercise. I figured I could maintain through the holidays and resume losing weight at the New Year. Now, after a sprained ankle KO'd the exercise, and the 5 pounds are back, I feel a little more dispirited and desperate than a month ago. But I need to do this, both for myself as a health issue, and for my plans for Momitude. I'm 33 and not getting younger, and I have PCOS, so my hopes for any sort of natural pregnancy will come only with a pretty significant weight loss. And of course, as my Reproductive Endocrinologist said "motherhood is really like running an 18-year marathon. At least you know you need to train for it ahead of time!"

So, thanks in advance for the support - I have yet to see anyone anywhere on 3FC who was not a positive force, and I'm glad to be one of us! (and I'll try to stay positive! ;) )

Ciao,
Solarmama