3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   What is your Christmas menu? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/50676-what-your-christmas-menu.html)

Heidi 12-22-2004 08:43 AM

What is your Christmas menu?

I'm just writing out our Christmas dinner menu plans and wondering what others are doing. I've included many non-SB items to cover the variety of tastes, but then also enough vegetables that I can bulk up on those and just sample the rest.

Some kind of veggie soup (or V8 for me)

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Ginger Sweet Potatoes
Corn kernels
Red cabbage
Swiss Chard
Green beans
Roasted turnips

SB Cheesecake + regular xmas baking

Coffee, wine

Christmas morning is a write-off due to the traditional cinnamon buns! But it's one day so I'll enjoy it guilt-free.

Barb0522 12-22-2004 09:26 AM

We have four adults and two children joining us so I will be fixing a variety of foods.

Butterball turkey (they add no fat to their basting solution)
stuffing (whole wheat bread - converted for South Beach)
gravy
Spicy Cranberry Relish (uses Splenda)
Regular canned cranberry sauce
Sesame Ginger Asparagus
Steamed broccoli
Candied sweet potatoes (SF orange marmelade and a little honey)
Strawberry banana muffins (splenda and whole wheat flour)
Inside Out Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake (phase 2)
fudge (Brian was selling. I'm hoping everyone else eats it so I won't be tempted)

ellis 12-22-2004 09:37 AM

We have family members coming, and a friend, so we'll have a variety of things, too.

- popovers with butter and coffee for breakfast

- roast beef
- Yorkshire pudding
- roast potatoes
- ham
- turkey breast
- stuffing balls
- roast sweet potatoes
- carrots
- wild mushroom gravy
- cranberry sauce
- wine/coffee/punch
- trifle
- cookies

wendyjo 12-22-2004 09:43 AM

The usual I guess:

turkey breast
ham
stuffing
sweet potatos of some sort
green beans
salad of some sort
cinnamon rolls
sweet potato pie
choco cake
ss ff pitsachio pudding with red cool whip

wendyjo 12-22-2004 09:44 AM

Heidi, can you share your ginger sweet potatos recipe? Did you get it here?

Ruthxxx 12-22-2004 10:55 AM

We go to my sister's place for dinner around 6 PM with ten adults and one adorable baby who is 14 months. Joan serves the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, turnip (yick!) and green beans. I'll stick to white turkey meat and green beans plus the usual raw carrots and celery that she always serves. (I do not intend to mention SBD because her two skinny daughters know all about evey diet on earth although they've never been on one or read a book! Some subjects are best avoided!) Dessert will be a fresh fruit salad with her Christmas baking which I will probably avoid by just cracking a few walnuts over my salad.

Our traditional Christmas breakfast will be ww bagels with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers. Well, Mary was Jewish and probably Joseph invited the shepherds to stay! :lol: We sometimes have champagne and OJ too.

:merry:

little chick 12-22-2004 11:51 AM

I have no idea what we are having except that there will turkey and death by chocolate something. I am going to my mother in laws for dinner. I will not be op I will be happy with a big plate of stuffing dark meat and gravy. I will put veggies on my plate so my kids will eat theirs. :lol:

kissyjoy 12-22-2004 03:44 PM

We're doing Disneyland on Christmas Eve which is usually when we make a big dinner so we're pushing that to Christmas Day.

In the morning:
Mom's Cinnamon Rolls

Christmas Dinner :hun: :
Spinach Salad
Prime Rib
Yorkshire Pudding
Twice Baked Potatoes
Homemade Horseradish Cream
Some kind of sinful dessert (maybe a chocolate eclair cake or bread
pudding) :eek:
I also baked all day this past Saturday and have everything from cookies to chocolate dipped pretzels to chocolate dipped mint Oreos. Needless to say, it's been tough being around my house this week :dizzy: and haven't really been OP :( but I fully intend to be next week.....hopefully. :rolleyes:

Bamiegurl 12-22-2004 04:58 PM

Well we are goin to my sisters for Christmas dinner. I'm sure it will be the usual
Ham
mashed taters
corn
green beans
yeast rolls
candied yams
dressing
fruit salad
and a lot more that I can't think of!
Cannot even start on the desert list! Way to sinful!
I know I am making a Mississippi Mud Cake that may not make it to TN.! teehee
Everyone's menus sound scrumptious! I want to house hop! haha

anchor weight 12-22-2004 06:22 PM

First let me just mention that there probably is very few items I can eat on this menu at my DM but this is the ususal.

Liver pate & crackers
Cheeseball & crackers
Hopefully (but I haven't seen it yet) Veggie tray

Baked Ham
Caraway Rye bread
My moms super famous sugary baked beans.
Kielbasa
Saurkraut
Meatballs
Augratin Potatoes
Birthday Cake
Cheese cake

And numerous other things too good to mention. It sounds like I'll have to have a stash of veggies, pistachios and stick with the ham and drink lost of wine! :lol:

kissyjoy 12-22-2004 06:22 PM

Come on over Bamie.....it's a cool 73 degrees here today :D and there will be plenty of food!

Bamiegurl 12-22-2004 08:17 PM

Thanks CJ I'll swing by on my way to TN. teehee!

HistoryChick 12-22-2004 10:59 PM

hmm...I'm not really sure whats on our menu for Christmas...Christmas Eve we're going to my Grandma's and I think they're cooking steak....not sure what else...and then on Christmas Day...my mom is gonna make a egg casserole which is yummy, but it's not really on phase due to the crescent rolls in it...so I might have to make my own eggs....We might be having chicken or turkey that night

tanrazbury 12-23-2004 02:51 AM

-lamb chops
-brussel sprouts
-fake potato salad (using cauliflower)
-spinach and low-fat cream cheese dip with wheatables
-pesto garlic cous cous
-peanut butter brownie pie using the "decadent fudge brownie" recipe posted in recipes and the carb smart peanut butter chocolate swirl ice cream in a pie pan.
-phase 2 egg nog

breakfast will be scrambled eggs, wheat tortillas, and meatless chorizo.

chick_on_the_beach 12-23-2004 04:05 AM

We are not very traditional downunder because we are 5th generation Kiwis so it will be whole fillet of beef stuffed with something yummy, marinated, and cooked on the BBQ with roasted golden kumara and asparagus salad and mediteranean vegetables. Dessert will be some type of chocolate pie and a platter of fruit (including fresh strawberries and chocolate dipping sauce), cheeses, nuts, dried figs and handmade chocolates.

Xmas eve dinner is BBQ steak and sausages with salads, garlic bread and cheesecake. I am providing the cheesecake and making it with l/f cream cheese, l/f sour cream and splenda with grated dark chocolate.