One more question

• I hope that it's okay I'm asking questions in this forum. Should I be asking in the FAQ area? Sorry about that.

I was just wondering. I was thinking about making the Protein Shake in the breakfast phase I section of this website. Do you think that it would be okay to make a large helping of that and keep it in the refrigerator in a pitcher to have quickly every morning? I leave very early in the morning, as I"m sure many of you do as well, and it would be great to be able to fill a thermos and have breakfast while stuck in my morning traffic.

I didn't know if anyone had tried to refrigerate the shake. I didn't know if the consistency changes or it goes bad or anything of that sort. What to you think?

Thanks a ton!

Alli
  • Ask away. The FAQ section is mainly for the stuff we get asked all the time.
    I've never done that protein shkae in a large batch. Give it a try. I think it might need a zap in the blender but could be wrong.
    Let us know how it works. If it does we can add that to the recipe.
  • I make my own version, but it has to be consumed within a few minutes, or it separates and gets gross looking.
  • Hmm. I was afraid that would happen. I'll give it a try and see what happens. That will not be for a few days however. But I will def. let you know how it goes. It it's okay it would be a hugely convenient breakfast for some of us chickies on the go.

Thanks so much for your help ladies!

Alii
  • In one of the (many) posts following the protein shake recipe, one person mentions making it the night before so she can 'grab and go' in the morning.
  • This might be nuts but what about freezing the shake in portion sizes, then giving it a whirl in the blender with a little milk in the morning? Would take a minute or two, but not nearly as much as making the whole thing.