South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 09:00 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ellis, did you get your coffee yet?

Oy, 14 posts at 8:30 is too much for me!

Today I have to work on my paper and get a ton of real work done too. I was exhausted last night...just off my feet! Fell asleep as soon as I got home, dear DH made dinner, woke me up to eat, and I went back to bed as soon as we finished and I had fed and watered the pets. I was just so tired! Hopefully I can get my paper done today at work. It's not due yet, but I have to finish it by tonight if I want my prof. to look it over and give me her thoughts. I'm trying not to stress too hard about it. There's just so much on my plate! LC, your list looks like mine! I love Christmas, but I hate the rushing around. I'm looking forward to this being my last Christmas in school! It'll be so nice next year to be able to just focus on Christmas and nothing else!

We aren't getting a tree this year as there just wasn't enough time with our trip to Europe. I'm really going to miss it!!! We are doing our annual Christmas party, though, and it'll be the night before we leave for CA for the holidays...I'm a nut! This weekend, I need to do last minute shopping, wrapping and shipping, if possible, and work on my last paper for both classes. Oy!

Hope everyone has a great day and that the frassing snow melts, at least on the sidewalks and streets! Wouldn't it be great if all the walks and streets were heated and so the snow and ice melted there, but stayed pretty on the rooftops and lawns?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:16 AM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

Maybe next Christmas you'll have a baby, Laurie! (wishful thinking on my part. I always want everyone to suffer with me)
I hope you get everything done, hon. Good luck with the paper!

Little Chick, you're scaring me. I feel that I need to rush out right now and get some Christmas shopping done...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #18  
A Lily from my yard!

Don't let her scare ya Ellis I have not boght the first thing! I ain't skeered! lol
Old 12-02-2004, 09:36 AM   #19  

I fell asleep last night getting Brian to bed and got up at 10:30 to go to my bed and my pager was going off! Oh, well, at least I didn't work past midnight.

Brian and I are going to be in the Holiday Parade this Saturday with our Cub Scout pack. I started crocheting scarfs last night for us to wear. We are dressing as snowmen and I really wanted us to have matching scarfs. I guess I need to pick up some more green yarn on the way home though. I found a really neat pattern on the internet that has granny squares at the ends of the scarf to add some color. I'm on vacation tomorrow so hopefully I will have time to finish them. The parade is Saturday at 9am.

Hey, Kim, my son is 7 and in the second grade too! His teacher has been complaining about his handwriting. And they are going to start learning cursive script after Christmas. That should be interesting!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:52 AM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Too late, Bamie. I'm just getting my coat on and heading out the door.

Barb, your son will be fine. We thought our (now 8 year old in grade 3) son would NEVER learn to read/write, but it suddenly "kicked in" this summer. Even his cursive writing looks GREAT!!
Funny... when our kids are very small, we think they're genius material. Then when they start going to school, we realize they're not quite as smart as we thought.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #21  
Member Florida Chick

Just a quick hello. I have been among the missing for some time as I haave been recovering from some major surgery. Every day I feel better and stronger and am trying to walk more each day. And to do a few more little tasks, that I can do without reaching, pushing, pulling or lifting. My Dh is getting a taste of the life of a housewife, and i don't think he likes it very much. My two daughters were here with us , each one for two weeks and now we sure do miss all the pampering and TLC.
I don't imaagine that we will have much in the way of Christmas decorations. Since DH is also battling anemia in a big way, neither of us are too energetic. I do check in and read now and again, and have to report that even without trying, I have lost 15.lbs. This is not a good way to lose it tho'. Glad that I had it to lose. I know some people if they lost 15lbs they would blow away in a minute in the wind.

Hi to all of you, new and old gals on the board. Will check in now and again. Lizzie
Old 12-02-2004, 02:38 PM   #22  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Wow I'm checking in really late today!

I got interupted 5 times trying to read all the posts on this thread! Darn students making me work while I'm trying to goof off.

I went Santa shopping this am. Ran all over town looking for the terrein twister (sp?) Must be the hot toys for boys in this town. I bought the last on at Toys R Us. That was after the first 3 stores were sold out. I spent too much so I had to call the X and ask if he was chipping in for Santa this year or if he was going to have Santa come to his house also! Works everytime!

I've got all my goodies planned for Chicago this weekend. Celery & Laughing Cow, Pistachios, Cheese sticks, salads. Now I have to start packing the clothes!
Old 12-02-2004, 02:38 PM   #23  
Conquering with SBD

Just going to stop in for a minute. It's lunch time here and I normally go to the track. Today I changed, got halfway there, then realized that I had a meeting coming up, so didn't have time. Daaah!!! Soooo, I'm posting instead.

I was sorely off off off waaaaayyyy off program last night. DH and I went to the dinner theatre and I just oinked my way around the buffet - three times. Sooooo, today it is down to business, lose the extra little weight and then work on my December plan.

We were also offered tickets to see the Nutcracker Suite last night. Darn it. The person who offered the tickets is trying to get a few more, so I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Tonight is light the city for Christmas night, so we are planning to take the puppy for the evening and go hang out there. I haven't found her jacket yet, so will have some quick searching to do when I get home. It is always a fun evening...sleigh rides, fireworks, people milling about, entertainment, free drinks (like coffee and hot cocoa, not the other ) and snacks. I will stay away from the food stuff, but I'm sure DH will indulge.

Anyway, gotta run. My afternoon is filled with meetings that overlap, so I am now on the run. Have a great evening everyone... tata
Old 12-02-2004, 03:35 PM   #24  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi ladies
way too wacked out today to stay long
but i wanted to say hey
I'm cravign carbs like there is no tommorrow but i haven't given in yet!
i gotta run
Closed Thread