3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/49950-newbie.html)

Stardusterika204 12-01-2004 11:37 AM

Just wanted to say Hi, and that this is the first online support group/recipe guide that I actually find trustworthy enough to use. I am a college sophmore and my roommate and I are both doing South Beach together...Just wanted to see if there are some pointers or advice that everyone has to give. Anything will be helpful (we are on day 4 and I haven't had a craving yet...is it supposed to be this easy?)

Barb0522 12-01-2004 11:45 AM

Welcome to the Beach! The food is good, isn't it? Check through some of the old posts for hints. You will find lots of good advice. I'd have to suggest making sure you drink enough water, plan your meals and snacks in advance, keep snacks with you. If you have specific questions, we will do our best to help you.

beachgal 12-01-2004 05:32 PM

Welcome, Stardust! :wave: I think you'll really like it here! I feel the same way about 3FC being trustworthy. :yes:

I'm going to move this thread to the main forum so that you will receive more responses. As to tips, try searching the main forum and also reading the stickies in the FAQ. They are really helpful! :D

sweet tooth 12-01-2004 05:55 PM

Welcome to the beach.

I don't know if it is to be this easy, but I found the plan really easy for me. I am soooo glad that I discovered this way of eating, not only because it is easy, but because it is healthy.

I find that it is easier to follow this WOE if you are not a carboholic. I am not paricularly fond of starches to start with, so giving them up did not create any cravings. I do like pasta, though, but I eat in moderation. Although I have a sweet tooth, I had really given up sugars and desserts except on really special occasions when I was on Weight Watchers about 2 years before I started this.

Soooo, I guess for me, it was easy because I have never craved carbs and the rest of the foods are really filling.

If you find yourself in the same position, here is a warning. Be sure to add some good carbs back after Phase 1. I found that I was delighted to stay on Phase 1, and that is not particularly healthy for a WOE.

Have fun on the beach.

MarineTubaMom 12-02-2004 03:49 PM

Welcome, Stardust! I was suprised at how simple it was, too. I kept waiting for it to suddenly become a difficult thing to do, but I'm loving it! I've been on the Beach for a month now and have lost 14 pounds. I was beating myself up for a while for not losing more, but I'm to a point in my life where I know that I didn't gain it overnight, so I'm not going to lose it overnight. People at work are really starting to comment on my physical changes, so that helps keep me motivated. I love it!

Drink your water! It really helps!

SoCalMinew 12-02-2004 04:24 PM

Welcome to the beach!
I thought it was really easy too and wondered what the catch was.
The women here know just about everything there is to know about the SBD and can help with your questions.

Teri

Ruthxxx 12-02-2004 04:32 PM

Welcome to the Beach, Stardust. What a pretty name!

anchor weight 12-02-2004 06:19 PM

Welcome the the beach! Someone here should be able to help you with any question you may have.

My advice - sounds like you doing well, no cravings? No headaches? No larthargicness? (sp?) This must be the diet for you! :lol: My advice would be to ask for a SBD friendly care packages from home. Tuna, pistachios, V-8, Broth, etc. Stuff you can have around for when you do have a "moment" of weakness. Good Luck!

Stardusterika204 12-02-2004 09:26 PM

Thank you everyone, its very nice to know there are people behind me who don't even know me.
And thank you Ruth...its been my nickname ever since I was a baby, my greatgrandma used to call me stardust because of a blanket she made that had stars and a trail behind it. SO the name just kinda stuck.
Anchor- No cravings yet...i mean i had a sweettooth attack last night and just ate a sf fudgesicle and was fine. No headaches (i'm not really a caffeine/sugar person until it becomes that time of the month), i have been a little tired lately, but its around finals times so its pretty normal.
Thank you all so much, i am glad to be doing this!

Bamiegurl 12-02-2004 10:16 PM

Hey chickie(s) for your room mate! teehee So glad you decided to join us! Yes this almost seems to easy doesn't it? I love it! Good luck on finals!

ellis 12-03-2004 08:33 AM

Stardust, welcome! (again ;) ) :wave:
It does feel good on this forum, doesn't it? The sisters do such a good job of keeping out spammers and other nasties, and they're watchful for any disagreements that might occur. They're very professional about the whole thing. (sounds like I'm being paid, here! :lol3: )