Fibre Supplement questions!

• Hello ladies,

Since I do tend to eat quite a bit of bran/fibre/whole grains when I am not on Ph1 of SBD, I'm a bit worried about becoming constipated while going back on Ph1. So, I think I need to look into a fibre supplement.

I know this was being discussed in another thread but I figured I'd bring this specific question right out onto the main platform!

Here's my question: what works for the rest of you, as far as taste goes? Keeping in mind that I live in Canada, so the products might not be the same. Still... I always see those commercials for fibre supplements (Metamucil, etc.) and they're always talking about how gritty and icky they are. Are ANY of them good? Or tolerable at the very least?

Thanks in advance...!
  • I know the one recommended is sugar free metamucil which I hate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if it comes in tablets or not but I need to find out! Maybe I'll go look it up! I am sure you will get plenty of answers to your question.
  • I guess I can't help then. I use the Sugar Free Metamucil twice a day. I've really come to like it. The key for me is to stir it well immediately and then to stir it occasionally as I drink it so it doesn't get lumpy. I also put a couple of ice cubes in it so it is good and cold.
  • Ok went to their site and they do have capsules but you mau have to take up to 5 if using for a laxative. 2-6 when using as a supplement. Hope this helps!
  • FiberCon is good and comes in tablet form.
  • FiberCon and Wal-mart has there brand of it and it is fairly cheap.
  • I was just looking at this stuff last night at the grocery store and couldn't figure out what was the best to use. My mom gave me a Wal-Mart brand stool softner to try and that worked out as well.
  • Sorry, Kim... wish I could help, but that's one problem I never have.
    TMI?
  • Hey Kim,

I like the Sugar Free Metamucil too. If you stir it well and drink it fast it's not too bad. It helps if it's really cold too.

Teri