3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   The Weekend - Nov. 27 and 28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/49787-weekend-nov-27-28-a.html)

Ruthxxx 11-27-2004 08:26 AM

The Weekend - Nov. 27 and 28

Good morning. I hope the USA chicks are recovering from the feeding frenzy. Just think, in less than a month, you get to do it again!

Hershey and I are off to the Nursing Home for her new Saturday morning visit. After that I need to check out the Stable to be sure it's ready for the animals and that somebody found or built a manger. I also need to find a Wise Man replacement since one of my guys just called to say he has screwed up his back and can't stand, much less lead a procession through the Village! I'll worry about that later today, I guess. We can always have a Wise Woman. :shrug:

I hope everyone has a fun and productive weekend. :cofdate:

a broad abroad 11-27-2004 08:42 AM

Mornin' chickies,

For those of you who are tired of turkey, here's a delicious recipe from Cooking Light. I made this for a party a few years ago and it was a big hit. (I posted it in the Holiday Main Dish sticky, also.)

Fiery Turkey-Pate Crostini

1 tbsp. olive oil
2/3 cup coarsely chopped green onions
2 garlic cloves
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 cups chopped, cooked turkey (about 10 oz.)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped water chestnuts
2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
3/4 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce

Saute onions, garlic and pepper for about 1 minute. Place all ingredients in a food processor until well blended. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.

Suggested serving: As a topping for pita chips, toast, whole wheat crackers

Today is DH's birthday and since he is a CARNIVORE, I am going to surprise him with dinner at the local game restaurant, as in boar, venison, pheasant, rabbit and so on. Its a very popular place and reservations are required, as is appropriate dress, so even though I have no idea what I'll be ordering I'm looking forward to the experience.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Ruthxxx 11-27-2004 09:08 AM

Wow! That recipe looks great! And OP too!
Happy birthday to your DH. Enjoy your dinner out.

Kiko 11-27-2004 10:10 AM

Good morning!

Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that our Canadian friends are well.

Not too much to report here- we had a nice T-day. We had both sets of parents over to our house, which makes it nice for us. We just divided up all the cooking so it wasn't too much of burden on anyone. Wish I enjoyed my ni-laws more, but I just don't. :(

Mama Does your BIL actually smoke in your house?? That is inexcusable if he does....

Abroad I love fine dining! It doesn't work in our budget these day, but on the rare occasion it does, I love it!!

Ellis Sounds like the reno project is moving along slowly but surely. Do you have an estimated date of when you would like it done? (Other than yesterday??)

Alright, off to get a smidge more coffee and to tackle the rest of the housewrok that awaits. We are putting up our Christmas tree and decorations today, so I want the rest of the house clean and in some semblance of order first.

Miss you gals!!!!!!

ellis 11-27-2004 11:58 AM

Hey, girls! :wave: It's quiet in here... everyone must be lying around on the couch with their zippers open.

Karen, DH HAS to finish the plumbing this week(end?) so that I can start getting the new cabinets out of the living/dining rooms and into place. :rolleyes: We normally put up our tree on December 1st, but this year, we'll be lucky if it's up Christmas eve. :lol:
I'm not concerned about the finishing touches (paint, etc) right now, but as long as the drywalling is up and the cabinets and appliances are in place within the next... two weeks (?), I'll be thrilled. :D
DH is at the hardware store right now, and he'd better not be enjoying himself!! :lol3:

I've been cracking the whip at the kids this morning. We've moved games table, about 50 games, and shelves up to the attic from the basement, and have moved the guinea pigs, plus their ENORMOUS home down to the basement room from the attic. I must have made a couple of dozen trips up and down those three flights of stairs. I don't know WHAT I was thinking wanting a house with an attic! :lol:

Karen, anyone who likes their inlaws is VERY fortunate! DH and I just have our mothers left, and while we really loved our Dads, we each just tolerate the mothers. ;)
Good luck getting the tree up!!

a broad abroad, that recipe DOES look good! Thank you for sharing it with us!!
I hope your DH has a happy birthday!! :hb: :balloons:

Ruth, good luck finding another wise man. I understand you have a shortage of them out there. :rofl:

I think I hear DH... I'd better get off the computer... he'll think I've been slacking off. :lol:

Talk to you later, chickies!

anchor weight 11-27-2004 12:37 PM

Hi chickies,

I swear I'm never eating stuffing again. What a painful experience! Even with low carb bread. I'm just starting to feel better after a day of almost a gallon of green tea, veggies and shakes yesterday. I had a tinsie bit of ground beef on my salad last night and I could barely get that down. Maybe I'm becoming a veggie tarian :lol: My family would absolutely die.

I just got done with a 70 minute workout. I'm starting to feel human again!

Barb0522 11-27-2004 03:19 PM

Yesterday was our big party. Over 25 people. There is only a tiny bit of turkey and one slice of pork loin left. I've already put three containers in the freezer with a little stuffing, meat and a sweet potato. I've also frozen individual servings of the Spicy Cranberry Sauce. It was great. The stuffing didn't cause me any problems. It was whole wheat bread and much lower in fat than normal (use Smart Balance and olive oil).

I'm only up a half pound today. The Lime Cheesecake made with SF Jello was a huge hit and every piece is gone. I sent lots of desserts home with people but still have some left. I'm sending Brian over to the neighbors later to see if they will take some cake. DS will eat it but no very much.

I made a double batch of the Sesame Ginger Asparagus from the cookbook and every bite of that was gone as well as all the fresh broccoli I steamed. One lady brought a wonderful salad. LUCKILY all the candied sweet potatoes are gone. They had sugar free orange marmalade but also had honey. I had a taste yesterday but I wouldn't want them leftover - they were too good!

This was our BIG party for the year so I have less to fear with Christmas. Time to go head for the gym. I've been busy cooking the last two days and haven't made it there.

little chick 11-27-2004 03:34 PM

Hi chickies just a quick pop in. I taught this morning then came home a a wee nap and then made a spegg suace for supper I have to start the noodles soon. DH went to Fredericton for the night to spend time with friends and I have to go to a pool tournament and auction for DD dance troupe. Not sure how well it is going to go as the tickets for 10.00 and I only sold 1. To close to christmas but we will see how it goes. I have to work again tommorow. I will be glad when Jan 5 th comes and I am not working 5 nights a week and 6 days. My old body can't take much more. The things we do for christmas for the kids. Well I must get going as I need to get supper and then hit the showers.

ps..... chicks my dh and I both have two sets of in laws as our parents are both divorced and remarried. I am lucky that I love mine to death.

Have a great day.

Ruthxxx 11-27-2004 04:56 PM

Popping in while the iron heats.

Well, Hersh and I went to her job this morning and she was a great hit. It was her first visit since having the pups so I took along some pictures. I would love to take in a puppy too but they are almost all gone to their new homes. I did my stint selling at the Church bake table until 3 and then judged the kiddies costumes at the Fair Hall. Now I have costumes to iron and the glue gun heating to add some more glitz to a Wise Man crown.

My friend and neighbour, Librarian Liz, is going to be my third Wise Man. What a doll! She also fits the costume which was made for a rather slight guy. Yippee! We have broken with tradition twice - Baby Jesus is a little girl this year!

The pageant starts at 7 so it'll be an early and OP dinner for me - pea soup will really hit the spot on a cold night. I may take it along in a thermos for following the Wise Men through the village to the stable. Everyone visits the Stable to see M & J and the Babe, the Wise Men give the kids a goodie bag and then everyone goes back to the Legion for hot dogs and hot chocolate. That's the part I skip as I'm running around trying to gather everyone's costumes. I'm usually completely out of energy by then too!

Early bed tonight, I hope! See you all in the morning!

ellis 11-27-2004 05:22 PM

I knew you wouldn't be able to find another wise "man" out there!

Marianna 11-27-2004 09:43 PM

Hi everyone,
Well I am finally starting to catch up on my sleep after my trip... I am just so exhausted, but I still have the remanents of a intestinal bug lurking around which I think is making me so tired.. but I have been really getting into the vitamins and herbs - so I should see some improvement in the next few days :goodluck:

I finally weighed myself this morning... and I was the same as when I left. Which is not what I had hoped for but better than I expected if you know what I mean!!! I ate pasta and drank beer like they were the last things on earth... but did a fierce amount of exercise. So while I haven't lost any kilos I am definitely feeling stronger.. which is great.

So I will be back on Phase 2 as of tomorrow... Now that I am home I have to wait 4 months due to the malarial medication before we can start trying to conceive, but I will use that time to really focus on my health and fitness.. I am feelng more positive and confident than I have in a decade. Which is exactly what I was hoping the trip would achieve.. It isn't a matter of *if* i lose weight anymore but *when*... so a big mental shift has taken place which I really welcome.

So I had better get back to getting the house organised.

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving!

Cheers,
Marianna

Ruthxxx 11-28-2004 06:09 AM

Good morning! You'd think I'd sleep in but nope! Woke before 5.

All went well last night but today will be a relaxing day which will include Church and an afternoon nap for sure!

I hope your weekend is going well. :grouphug:

ellis 11-28-2004 06:49 AM

Crap. There's a mouse in our bedroom. Woke me up around 5:30.
The kids both crept into bed with me last night (DH was up late playing a computer game, and is now sleeping in DS's bed), so it was an all-night wrestle for the blankets. :lol: Very cozy, though. I love sleeping with my babies... it feels very secure.

Going to get coffee... :coffee: ... love you, chickies! :wave:

Bups 11-29-2004 01:19 PM

Barb where can I find that Lime Cheesecake made with SF jello recipe? If not on site, can you please post it?

Thanks in advance
Kim

Barb0522 11-29-2004 02:01 PM

Here is the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45298

It is in Low Carb Holiday Dessert Recipes. It is listed as Easy Cherry Cheesecake but it was just as good with lime jello as it was with cherry! And it really is easy to make.