South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 10:21 AM   #16  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chickies,

Everyone is up and busy this am. Maybe it's because I'm an hour behind you all.

Little chick- I had to overhaul DS's room while he was gone last weekend. It needed a serious cleaning.

Bami - Hi girl! I still think doing SBD is easier than sticking to my Dave Ramsey budget!

Mama - Knitting socks is hard - I really hope that you don't have to start over!

Bups - Let me know how the pilates goes. I'm doing the "escape your shape" workout and I need something to do on my off days! I was motivated last night that I was going to get up at 5 and do my hour workout. I was all jazzed up about it. Then the alarm went off and I shut it off and went back to sleep. I'll have to make time for it tomorrow.

Ruth - Glad your babies are home again. Becareful with the Advil - it made my dog throw up. I used the aspirin that had a maalox coating on it. Ascriptin I think it was called.

Laur Laur & Under a Palm Tree - Climb back on the beach - theres room for all!

Cac - I read a story last night about a lady who had a five month plateau - she said she stayed OP and motivated because this was how she was going to eat for the rest of her life. Then she woke up one morning and had dropped a ton! Hang in there.

2BFit1 - Husbands don't like a lot of change in their lives. If he thinks it is important to you and is something that he can help you with - he will come on board and be a problem solver!

Lauren - Yipeee! Your excitement makes me motivated to exercise! Keep up the good work!

Have an OP kind of day chickies!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #17  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi Kelly & Barb! you guys posted while I was writing my novel!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:54 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

It's simple, Sil. Either he's supportive, or there's no sex.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:02 AM   #19  
i luv my dog!

hello beach babes,
Sounds like you are all doing well and staying OP.

Laurie, you probably have already heard about this while researching your trip to Europe, but just in case I'll mention it. If you are planning on visiting many museums in Amsterdam you can get a personal museum pass at Centraal Station. It is a plastic ID card with your picture - you pay one price and it gets you into the museums with no waiting in line or more $$. It's a good thing.

As we all know planning your food is key. I had a mini-marathon SB cooking session yesterday. I made the spinach casserole recipe from here. It turned out tasty, but very watery. Spinach always seems to be watery, even if you cook it until its mush. Plus I used egg white sub instead of egg sub, canned mushies, and a silicone baking pan. Oh well, a little water can always be drained off I guess.

I also made the roasted chickpeas and they didn't turn out right. 2 cans in the trash. They were still too moist after the alloted cooking time, so I cooked them longer, then they were like rocks. Anyone have any tips for that recipe?

Lastly I made some cabbage, nothing fancy, just sauteed. When DH got home he complained about the smell, lit a scented candle, then hid in the computer room for an hour.

Here's a couple chuckles for you. Lately I've been seeing some funny commercials (British) on the TV advertising food, of course. One is about this couple watching what they eat. First they are at home and the guy is poking around the kitchen cabinets and the girl comes over and shuts them in his face. Next, they are with some friends watching sports on tv and he starts to reach for the chips, and she strategically *coughs* so he passes. Then they are at the grocery store and he wants to taste a free sample, so she pushes the buggy into him. Finally they are in the car and he wants to get lunch, so she agrees. And they go to McDonald's.

Another funny one is a woman at home alone. She is watching the weather on tv and the weatherman says "...and today will be choc chip with a chance of cheesecake in the afternoon and scattered strawberries..." then the doorbell rings and she answers and a man says "...Hi I'm Marvin Crumble your candidate for the choc chip party. Can I count on your cheesecake?" and she runs back in to the house and the cuckoo clock is screaming a choc chip choc chip so she finally breaks down and has a yogurt.

see you chickies later.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:29 PM   #20  
RNMOM

Default Good morning

Well, it's still morning for me. I got side tracked to the computer instead of cleaning bathrooms..............tough choice.

It's cold in the house this AM. I came late last night from sewing downstairs (have to go outside to go into my craft/sewing room) I didn't shut the door tight I guess......this morning my dh gets up at 0500 to begin his day and the back door is wide open. We have these two cats that push against it, they don't like being outside at night. Anyway, I have a fire in the fireplace to try and thaw out the air.

I behaved yesterday and feel better today because of it. Still stressing about Thanksgiving (which we're celebrating on Sunday because I'm in the ER on Thanksgiving). I want to enjoy the whole thing, but I'm bad about getting back on the beach so I'm still in a quandry. (I love that word )

Well, you all have a great day, enjoy your knitting, doggie walks, hot coffee and remodeling projects!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:26 PM   #21  
GARDENING ADDICT

Lauren~Congrats on your progress!!

Beachgal~No, I'm not a doctor. I'm a charge nurse on a 41 bed cardiac unit~just work weekends, off M-F. Thanks for the cut & paste help!

Ellis~Don't think that I haven't thought of that

Broad~Thanks for the laughs! I just noticed that you are almost to your goal. You have done a fantastic job

I spent the afternoon in the yard raking leaves and mowing the lawn for the last time this year, I hope. It's grilled steak, veggies and salad for dinner tonight. So far it's been an OP day.

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 11-16-2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:36 PM   #22  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm just hanging on until dinner...that'll be the end of my calories for the day. I'm going to take a sleeping pill right after dinner.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #23  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. You have all been such busy bodies today. I can't catch up with you all. My boss is away this week - his son is graduating as an RCMP officer this week, so he went to the grad. Soooo, I get to play at being boss and it is blinkety-blank busy. But, I have things under control for today.

Mama - Good luck on the socks. Once you get the first one finished, the rest will be much easier. I struggled with the first one that I knit, then zipped through a bunch in no time.

lc - Great that you are back posting again. Missed you while you were away. Hope everything is going well for you. I missed the job that you finally settled on. What are you doing...especially that it takes you away during the evenings? Are you still looking after the little ones?

Bamie - How's the shopping? Did you get lots of neat stuff?

Bups - Me, too! I want someone to come in and clean. I grew up with a weekly cleaning lady but it was always a mad scramble the night before to clean before she came. Buuut, I would like to have one come and do the corners for me...I can whip through the surface cleaning, but hate cleaning out the grunge from the corners. I say that even more forcefully after cleaning out the apartment that we just bought...I don't think the people living there ever cleaned anything. There were bugs in every light fixture, a layer of grease on all the tiles/walls/cupboards in the kitchen and general filth every where. Compounding that, the ceilings are 12 feet, so cleaning everything meant up and down the ladder all day. I was soooooo tired by the end of the day. Oh well, I can still dream of the day that someone will clean my dirt away.

Ruth - Good to hear that Hersh has settled back in so quickly. Hope everything goes well at the vet. Yes, yes, you must get this Christmas stuff under control. I can gloat because I am finished the shopping and just about finished the wrapping. Just need to start decorating and baking, hoping to be finished by the end of the month. Then I can sit and enjoy the season for a change - I really shouldn't say that too loud. That's when disaster strikes.

Lauren - I think you are smart to extend Phase 1, especially with the cheat. This is partly a mental game, not just a physical program and I have always found that I don't beat myself up so much if I do phase 1 when I know I will be including an off program choice in the eating plan. I usually try to do the phase 1 prior to the cheat, then I don't harbour the guilt feelings afterward...I guess I feel like I have done the pennance for the behaviour.

Under a Palm - Welcome back. Good to hear that you had a great visit with DB. Have you ever met his girlfriend? Seems funny that she is ill again when you visit...

cac - Don't be mean to yourself. It isn't worth it. Just acknowledge the problems, make a plan to correct it if you want, or revise if that's your choice too. If you are still losing weight and eating more healthy than before, you are a success.

2Bfit - I think you hit the nail on the head with this thing...you want this to be a way of life for your eating plan. I have the same problem with my DH-he does not follow SBD, but I do-and I also don't want to deprive him of the foods that he enjoys. When I cook, I make sure that there is enough food that I can (and want) to eat, but there are also things that he likes to eat. When I make desserts, I make things that I can eat, plus a choice that is not SBD friendly. That way, noone is denied and I can eat OP as well. Eating out, as you mentioned, is always a concern, especially if you eat somewhere that does not serve food that is OP. I generally make sure that I have a snack either in my purse or somewhere in the vehicle when we go out, so that if I am cornered into eating at a place like that, I can still at least have a snack along with a diet drink or water to carry me over until I can eat properly. DH has been good about not wanting to eat like that usually, but sometimes it is unavoidable. Good for you to make an agreement with yours...it will make the eating program so much easier to follow as a lifestyle. By the way, have you tried making off program food for him, then serving them to him as leftovers for days and days and days and days

Lauren - Congrats on the OP day and the exercise - a double whammy. WTG. Keep it up.

kvixen - You are not a dork for getting excited about being healthy. You keep it up. Good luck on the knitting.

Barb - Don't worry about being up a bit. You will lose that quickly. You need to treat yourself once in a while and not feel like it is destroying your life. WTG, but get back on the wagon today. Take care.

anchor - I agree with you on the time difference. I am waaaay behind everyone, so you are all talking about supper and I am just beginning to think that it is time for morning coffee. Then I get in to post after there are a kazillion postings...

ellis - You are so funny...who would have thought that would come from you!!! I'm shocked. Whatever happened to the conventional headache?

a broad - Love the commercials. Thanks for sharing. Hope the workout goes better tomorrow than today...you can do it, although, I know how you were feeling this morning. I have a 6 am workout with my trainer tomorrow. I would tend to skip more often if she wasn't here waiting for me, tapping her toe... I guess tomorrow I will need to do it.

RNMOM - You made a fine choice this morning. The bathrooms can wait, they'll still be here tomorrow. Now, today's chat on the beach will be on to Wednesday tomorrow, so you will miss today. AAANNNND, if you can follow that logic, you are better than I.

Me - I'm trying to get everything into today that needs to get in. My DM called this morning to tell me that her cat died last night. Soooo, it is off to her home tonight to deal with that situation. The cat was 19 and had not been feeling very well for a couple of days, but she said that it was doing better and not to worry. However, we will take it home and bury on the acreage this weekend. DM will miss her a lot. The sad part is that mom is in the first stages of dimentia, so this will be a blow that I am hoping does not affect her too badly.

We are also having a furnace installed in the garage this year...we booked an appointment to have them come out this evening, however, have to rebook yet again to have it done. Hopefully, it will be completed before the spring.

Well, must go. Coffe is calling and so is one of the directors. Must go. Keep with the program and BE GOOD!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:56 PM   #24  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Evening all!

I just finished my second 70 minute exercise session. I knew once I got going it would be easier.

Barb - thanks for the advice on reading the book while biking. I rode longer and at a faster pace for my 30 minutes. Except I think I need large print!

Listen up everyone! I bought 3 low carb magazines that are chocked full of recipes for the holidays. Let me know what items you are looking for and I'll share it. They have absolutely everything for a low carb thanksgiving dinner! Even Pecan pie! Don't fret chickies we'll make it.

I need to learn how to exchange RPM's for MPH's when biking does anyone know how? I'm having an amazing OP day. I may be under a little bit on the carbs but I had a protein shake for breakfast with some ricotta, celery and laughing cow for snack, carb minders soup for lunch and another shake for a snack and I'll have taco salad for dinner. Plus I burned about 450 calories on the bike and rode 8 miles.
Closed Thread