3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hello, new to boards (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/49312-hello-new-boards.html)

rebelridergirl 11-14-2004 01:45 AM

Hello, new to boards

Hi! My husband and I are on South Beach and I am trying to learn more about the program. I was curious... what are some of the results that you "veterans" of the plan have had. Any advice of what to expect in terms of weight loss, the hardest part of the program, etc. Thanks for all your time!

Ruthxxx 11-14-2004 09:02 AM

First of all, do you have the book? It explains the theory behind this plan and is, IMHO, absolutely necessary. The Good Fat/Good CArb Guide is also handy.

Secondly, please be sure to study the information in the FAQ section of this SBD forum.

The amount of weight you lose depends on how much you are overweight and also whether you have been dieting before. It varies widely for everyone.

Some people find Phase I to be the hardest part of the plan. Remember in that Phase to include the good carbs like legumes and it will be easier.

Welcome to The Beach!

ellis 11-14-2004 09:20 AM

Welcome to the Beach!! :wave:
There are some real success stories here. :yes: I lost over 20 pounds last summer on South Beach... it's a great program.

yaya9577 11-14-2004 02:07 PM

My husband loves South Beach. It's something he can stick to. That's good to know of success stories. I surf back and forth through here. I do have both the book and Good Fat/Bad Fat books, but my motivation wanders. I have read through them a few times. I heard that there are some new things added to the program, so I will go and check out the FAQ. I have struggled all my life with weight and tried so many fad diets. I am sick of losing a substantial amount of weight and then just gaining it back. I need something that I can be on for life. Good luck rebelridergirl.

rebelridergirl 11-14-2004 02:29 PM

Hello All! Thank you for the advice and suggestions. I have the books, I really need to read through them again, though. Also as you suggested the FAQ. I totally feel the same with fad diets. Yuck! My husbands sister lost a ton on South Beach and she said its really good for diabetes (which he has) so we thought we'd give it a shot. Thanks so much! :)

little chick 11-14-2004 08:49 PM

Welcome to the beach. Like Ruth said read the books. Plan your meals and snacks phase one can be hard but once you get through the first two weeks it gets easier. Good luck. This is not a fad diet but a healthy way of eating.

Bamiegurl 11-14-2004 09:27 PM

Hey rebelridergirl! Do you ride a Honda Rebel? I saw where y'all ride and thought from your name maybe y'all rode one. My husband and I ride we have a Yamaha Roadstar and a '66 Harley Sportser. Welcome to the beach. I am a SBD for life no doubt. I know that it works period! Sometimes it works me and sometimes I work it but either way the weight is coming off! lol Glad to have y'all here!

MarineTubaMom 11-14-2004 10:43 PM

Hi there! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I've been on the beach for nearly 3 weeks and have lost 11 so far. It's the best program I've ever been on!

2BFIT1 11-15-2004 09:07 AM

Welcome to the beach!!!

beachgal 11-15-2004 09:18 AM

Welcome, Rebel! :wave:

This is the longest I've ever been on any diet, and I plan on staying on it for life. I love this WOE! I used to eat so unhealthily, and I am amazed at what eating this way is able to do for my health, wellbeing, and peace of mind! I actually ate broccoli with just a little smart balance and salt last night! I never used to be able to eat it at all! :D

rebelridergirl 11-15-2004 11:05 AM

Hi everyone!

Littlechick- Thank you for the reassurance of this not being a fad diet. I have done them all, with no lasting success.

Bamiegurl- I am learning to ride a Honda Rebel. My husband introduced me to motorcycles in May. He rides a '03 Harley Softtail. My Rebel is an '86. She's so cute...LOL!!

MarineTubamom- That's great on the 11 pounds lost! WOW!

2BFIT1- Thank you for the warm welcome.

Beachgal- That's so great that you are able to make healthier food choices!

I have got a lot to lose, but I am trying to not get caught up in the total amount. Just take it pound by pound. Thank you, everyone!

Bamiegurl 11-15-2004 03:07 PM

My husband wants me to learn to ride but I say no way! I know me and I would feel the need for speed! He tried to teach me one time but it didn't go so well! No crashes or anything just yap yap yap! hahaha Good luck on learning. Are you takin one of those courses to learn or is DH teachin you? SBD is a way of life for me now.

laurlaur 11-15-2004 07:12 PM

Hi! Welcome!! :dance:

I have an unfortunate history of yo-yo dieting and have done SBD Phase 1 several times. In fact, I just finished Phase 1 (for the 100th time) on Sunday!
For some reason, I have a problem gliding into Phase 2 and continuing to lose weight. :halfempty I cheated a bit this past weekend, so I am going to continue my Phase 1 for another week and forget about my diet "mistakes".

HOWEVER, despite my weaknesses, I really love this diet. I have lost 6.5 pounds since November 1. The hardest part is definitely the first 3-4 days. I had some pretty bad headaches during that time (sugar detox I suppose), but they subsided pretty quickly.

Good luck starting! I hope you find success (I'm SURE you will!) :goodvibes

Lauren

anchor weight 11-15-2004 07:28 PM

Welcome!

The hardest part of the diet is the first two weeks. Good luck and check in with us everyday! It keeps the motivation up!