South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 12:17 PM   #1  
I found my hipbones!

Default Recommendations needed

Hey, ladies--

I'm toying with the idea of starting a pilates workout. I have only tried one or two pilates exercises that I've found online, I have never done a complete pilates workout. Anyone have any good recommendations for pilates info resources or video/DVDs? Anything geared towards beginners would be great. I have no desire to take a class; I am an at home exerciser only.

Thanks! Monica
Old 11-15-2004, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I've done Pilates For Dummies, and it was a great start, hard at first though. But I pushed thru it and my back felt better, and I held my body higher. It was great. I then moved on to Winsor Pilates, I also really enjoyed that, but you have to be pretty limber and definitely on the thinner side to do all those weird positions. Definitely for beginners I would suggest Pilates For Dummies

-Aimee
Old 11-15-2004, 12:52 PM   #3  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Sorry, I don't have a rec for you but wanted to wich you the best of luck! Sounds great!

Lauren
Old 11-15-2004, 02:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I second Pilates for Dummies. I have it and actually use it.

Also it's not too expensive either, you can get it and see if it's something you are interested in before you spend the big money on the Windsor Pilates package. Which I'm thinking about doing in the future.
Closed Thread