South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 05:01 PM   #1  

Talking Starting South Beach Diet Nov. 1!

Hi! I'm a 42 year old mom to an 8 year old little girl and a 9 month old baby girl. I am only 5'1" tall and weigh 185 pounds. I suffer from a blood disorder and am fatigued all the time, but I need to lose the weight; I'm sure I'll feel better even if I have to push myself to exercise. I have the SB Diet Book and Cookbook, also. I am excited and can't wait to start tomorrow! I really need your support, you guys, so help cheer me on! I'll do likewise for you! Thanks so much and can't wait to hear about other gals on SB!
Old 10-31-2004, 07:02 PM   #2  

MountainMom - Hi I'm 36 mother of three boys and I'm only 5'2. I started the S.B. diet twice. The first time I only lasted 4 days the second time 7 days! I was planing on starting again on Nov 1. I happened across your post and thought we have a lot on common. I found 3 fatchicks a couple weeks ago and have stoped by often. If you want a buddy....please let me know! I would really love to have a email friend who would keep in touch everyday and share info. Let me know!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 07:43 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

MountainMom and Sweetchick, we're so glad to have both of you join us!! The women here are all wonderfully supportive.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:18 PM   #4  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Welcome Mountain Mom and Sweet Chick!

Good Luck tomorrow. Don't forget to join us for the dailys everyday. It has really helped to keep me focused on weight loss. Don't give up and don't cheat. Take it one craving at a time. You are not going to get all the sugar out of your bodies for 2-3 days, then you should start feeling better. It helps me to pre-cook and pre-pack SBD items for work, games, cub scouts - you name it.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:12 PM   #5  

Thanks, Everyone!! I'm SO excited to have replies before I get started! Thanks so much for the support! I feel like I can really do this now! Bless you all for taking interest! I can't wait to get started! Best Wishes to All! By the way, how do you place the TickerFactory chart in the posts? Thanks!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:26 PM   #6  

Hi,
Welcome to the forum and I hope that you get as much support and information as I do from it.. we are all here to support this new healthier lifestyle choice that you are making.

Best wishes,
Marianna
Old 11-01-2004, 03:50 AM   #7  
i luv my dog!

Hi Ladies, and welcome to the SBD forum at 3fC. We're so glad you found us.

MountainMom, here is the answer to your question re: tickers

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48520
Old 11-01-2004, 08:49 AM   #8  
Trapped Skinny Person

Good morning All

Hi MountainMom.

I too am starting today. I also am 5'1", but sadly out weigh you by about 60 lbs.

I've had a good start so far today - I made up a batch of quiche muffins (eggs, zucchini, turkey bacon, sauted mushrooms and lf cheese) yesterday and had 2 of those with a cup of tomato juice this morning at 5:30am.

I then had coffee with 1% milk and splenda at 7:30am at work (I start early).

I planned all my meals for the week and yesterday after grocey shopping - I cut and bagged cauliflower and celery for snacks.

This is what I have planned for the rest of the day:

Snack I have a boiled egg & raw cauliflower (about a cup).

Lunch will be a tossed salad w/olives, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and light dressing, and a few slices of turkey breast.

Afternoon snack will be a boiled egg and celery sticks.

Dinner will be chicken breast and tossed salad and steamed asparagus.

So ladies - am I on the right track?

Am I doing anything wrong? If so, I'd like to catch it before I get too far in.

So far I am pretty positive - but hey it is only 3.5 hours into the day

This week I am working on the food - next week I will work on incorporating some exercise into my day.

Thanks for reading this epic post - looking forward to getting great advice from those that have been there done that

Kim
Old 11-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh my goodness welcome to you new chickies! I didn't really have time to read much yesterday and now I am behind.
MountainMom... Just wanted to let you know that I do not exercise due to med reasons (knee injury) and I have done good on SBD when I follow it! haha So don't stress or over work yourself. Your health is most important! I wish I could exercise as I know the weight would drop much faster! Good luck!
Sweetchick1... I am 5'2" as well. Welcome to the beach! I moved to Alabama from Tn. Which is where all of my family lives. Culture Shock for ya huh! You'll be sayin y'all before no time! teehee Good luck!
Bups... Looks like your off to a really good start! Planning is the key! Good Luck!
Look forward to seeing y'all chicks in the daily!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:32 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to MountainMom, Sweetchick1 and Bups! Nice to have you on The Beach!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #11  

Welcome to all of you! Wow, we really have a lot of new people! Bups, your menu looks good. I know what has really helped me is eating LOTS of vegetables. I often cook two vegetables for dinner (my son may only eat one of them) and I snack on raw cauliflower, zucchini, and red pepper strips (with hummus). If I want a second portion of dinner, I make sure I have eaten lots of my veggies and if so, then I have the second portion.

Don't forget lots of water too!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #12  

Default Starting Nov. 1

Hi. My name is Sher and I'm starting the SBD today also. I have my meals planned out and ready to go. I weighed in today at 158 (154 yesterday) and want to weigh 140 by spring and keep it off. That is my goal. I'm between sizes right now and it is so difficult.

I work full time and have three kids - 14, 11 and 2, so I am busy pretty much all the time. My company has a huge lunch room and has a special counter for Atkins meals, so that will help with the protein. I had 2 scrambled eggs with a sausage patty and cheese for breakfast. I have 2 hardboiled eggs and cheese with me for a snack, and some protein only chili and salad for lunch. I really need to do this.

I did the Six Week Body Makeover and it worked well, however, once you deviate from it, you gain weight quick. I cannot do it forever.

Good luck everyone. I'd love to buddy up with you all.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #13  

Welcome to the Beach, Sher! Just be careful that you don't get too much fat eating Atkins foods. I don't believe that any types of sausage are allowed on SBD. I know turkey bacon is okay and canadian bacon but most of the other breakfast meats are too high in fat. The cheese is also probably not reduced fat as well. I will occasionly eat normal cheese when I eat out but I try to make sure that I eat on plan at any place that I eat often. The scrambled eggs may also use butter too.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #14  

Thanks for the tip. We have a huge cafe here and there are tons of options. I typically bring my lunch and then add a small salad.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:33 PM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome to you all. It is great to have new faces on the beach, working towards being healthy.

My advice: Take some time each week to organize your food for the week. It tends to keep you focused on your WOE rather than trying to satisfy hunger when you are easily tempted. Kim, you have already started out great. Hope to see you often.
Closed Thread