South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #16  
A Lily from my yard!

Sher Welcome to the sand! Glad to have ya with us. Make sure you post in the daily chat if ya can.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #17  

Boy I can see this is going to be SO MUCH FUN with all my new friends!!! Thanks for all the great advice. So far today is going well!!!! Bamiegirl, we moved to Cookeville. It is a culture shock .....your not kidding!!! Everyone is very nice though. We have only been in TN for about 12 weeks. Ya'll keep up the good work!
Old 11-01-2004, 03:36 PM   #18  
RNMOM

Default welcome all!!!

This is so cool to have so many beginners this month! I always learn something here.

You all sound organized and motivated!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #19  

Hi, Everyone! I can't tell you how wonderful it was to come here this evening and see all the responses! It really lifts my spirits! It's so hard to start a program by yourself - especially when the family is still hooked on Halloween candy! I did well this morning by getting the baby ready and going to the park to walk! Boy, was I bushed, but felt like I accomplished something! I really enjoyed my lunch - salmon, spinach, low-sodium V8 juice and I used the ricotta cheese with a little lemon juice and Splenda! Really refreshing and I felt very satisfied! I'm still craving - I know that happens at first, but knowing helps and being on here gives me the strength to keep going! Thanks so much for all the support! I'm LOVING it! Hugs, Marsha
Old 11-01-2004, 06:21 PM   #20  

What did I do wrong? Signature is not right! Sometimes I feel so dumb! Also, how do you measure your weight loss with the ticker?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:22 PM   #21  
Conquering with SBD

Use the code from the BB section, not the html section. I did the same thing when I used it.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 11-01-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:26 PM   #22  

Gals, I have a dilema: This Friday and Saturday is the Ladies Retreat at our church. It's being held at a bed and breakfast of all things and I'll be attending dinner and breakfast. How will I get past this in Phase 1? Any suggestions? Hugs, Marsha
Old 11-01-2004, 06:27 PM   #23  

Thanks Sweet Tooth! I'll try again!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:34 PM   #24  

It worked! Thanks Sweet Tooth!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:58 PM   #25  

When is it best to hit the chat room?
Old 11-01-2004, 07:37 PM   #26  
Conquering with SBD

Your ticker worked. WTG.

Chat room - I don't know the answer to the question. I have never found many people in there, so haven't bothered to check lately.

This weekend - I would suggest that, if you are worried about what will be served, take your own. At least snacks that you can supplement a meal with.

When I first started SBD, I worried about eating OP when we travelled. Sooo, I usually packed a small cooler with things like eggs, vegetable juice, cheese stix, etc. That way, if I was out for dinner and I couldn't eat much that was served, I left the off program foods on my plate, knowing that I had snacks back in the room and I could supplement the dinner with OP foods.

I find breakfasts particularly hard - DH and I often stay in hotels where a continental breakfast is included with the room. I don't know about anyone else, but there is nothing on a continental breakfast that is suitable for Phase 1 or for Phase 2 if you have planned to have starches/fruits at a different meal. That's where the eggs and juice came in. I would take my eggs to the breakfast, microwave them (usually have a microwave), and drink my V8 juice with a cuppa coffee. I also had my cheese stix for my mid-morning snack.

This past weekend is the first trip that we have taken where I have not taken my pack of food with me. I am trying to add more WW products to my diet, so it was suitable to eat WW toast and peanut butter at the continental breakfast. The evening that we dined out, I know that my food was not completely OP, but I ordered extra vegetables, eliminated the potatoes, ate half a WW bun, scraped as much of the sauce off my food as possible and thoroughly enjoyed what remained. Since I am fairly close to goal, I wanted to see how my body would react to that kind of eating because it is how I plan to eat for the rest of my life - especially in dining out.

The worst thing for me is that people might think I am a fussy eater. The above description sounds like I am fussy, but if you do those kinds of things with your food, people that you are with rarely notice - unless you want them to notice. If you are at a boardinghouse service dinner, noone will notice when you don't serve yourself off program foods. Just keep chatting and enjoying both you OP foods and the company you are with.

Hope the suggestions help. It is always hard to know what to do, but if you are still on Phase 1, it will be worth it to take the extra steps this time. Good luck.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 11-01-2004 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:48 PM   #27  
Trapped Skinny Person

MountainMom

All you can do is do your best.

Stay away from the obvious bad stuff, bread, danishes, cake any starches etc...

Will it be buffet where you can pick your own, a preselected menu or any choice on the menu?

Telling the wait staff that you are a diabetic and have to avoid any foods with sugar usually works wonders. So many people are on restrictive diets nowadays that it shouldn't be too difficult.

Can you call ahead and find out what is on the menu? And then you can preplan what you will have. Or ask if they will prepare a dish the way you request.

Whether a buffet or ordering, eat lots of veggies first so that you fill up some and are less likely to cheat.

A clear or veggie soup is always a good choice to fill up on too.

You probably know all this stuff anyway - but a reminder always helps

You CAN do this - something in the air I think - I beleive all us Nov 1st starters are going to do great!

And don't forget to have a good time

Kim
Old 11-01-2004, 08:34 PM   #28  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Wow it is great to see everyone so motivated and full of ideas. All the advice you have been given is good. I would check on the "special diet" advice. I worked for a hotel for 8 1/2 years and we were happy to meet customers requests.

Light Laughing cow cheese and celery sticks pack well in a cooler. I also have been known to pack a bag of pistachios for taking my son to the racetrack or boyscouts. I went on a shopping trip to Detroit for the day (across state from me) and I packed cheese sticks, laughing cow cheese and celery sticks, pistachios and a bottled water, I shared with my SIL and there was plenty for both of us. I was fine all day. We potty stopped and I got a large hot tea and that held me over even longer. What you will find is as this diet goes on - you require less and less food to satisfy you.

When I went to a wine & cheese party, I packed my own low fat cheese and even cut it into fancy little rectangles so no one would know the difference. They had shrimp on these little puff pastery things and I ate the shrimp off the top and left the rest on my plate. They had turkey cheese and fruit kabobs - I ate the turkey and cheese and dumped the fruit (Phase I). It went very well.

You will find a way to adapt to things. Good Luck and let us know how you do!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:16 PM   #29  

Default This site is so supportive

I made it thru day 1. Had scrambled egg patties and sausage for breakfast, turkey chili and a salad for lunch, 2 hard boiled eggs and a low fat cheese stick for snack, and 4 strips of turkey bacon and a couple eggs for dinner. Not much time to cook as you can see, but I made it.

Starting day 2. My menu will be pretty much the same until I have more time. Thanks for everyone's support in Phase 1.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:37 PM   #30  

Ok, I had 2 more strips of bacan than I should have. I goofed and sausage isn't too good either, but I will make sure I use the turkey kind from now on.

How about pinto beans? Are they ok?
Closed Thread