South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 03:51 AM   #1  

Default pumpkin cheesecake

I am planning on making the pumkin cheesecake listed here under Phase 2 desserts this weekend. Has anyone tried?
Old 10-29-2004, 05:09 PM   #2  
i luv my dog!

I made it tonight and thought it was pretty good, but I accidentally used the whole can of pumpkin (which was about 1/4 c. more than the recipe called for) so it had a little more pumpkin puree than it should have. I thought the amount of ginger called for was a bit much, so next time I will use the pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice instead of the separate ones listed. Also, the consistency was a little moister than traditional cheesecake, FYI, but overall its good and suitable to serve to company (at least those who like pumpkin!)
Old 10-29-2004, 08:44 PM   #3  

Default Yum

I made this last weekend and even my five year old, pickiest eater in the world, loved it. My recommendatio is this...chill it through first and use fat free cool whip, it was great...though reminded me more of a pie than a cheesecake, I was very happy with that! Good luck!
Old 11-01-2004, 04:48 AM   #4  

Well I made this yesterday. Was very easy. I enjoyed it as did my SIL whose on SBD, but no one else would eat. My MIL did try it but wouldn't eat any more. Not as smooth as regular cheese cake but a good substitute. WOuld make again if I had people who would share it with me.
Closed Thread