South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 05:58 PM   #16  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Kris -- I for sure like Curves better than just a regular gym. At least you have a set plan and a set time structure of how it goes once you get there. I don't like the regular gym routine. Ugh. But, before I moved I did Jazzercise and I LOVED it!! It was so fun, interactive, great music. In comparison, Curves is a yawner! I get SO bored doing the same things over and over again. And the music at our Curves is lame. But, we don't have a Jazzercise here. Oh well.

If You go, Kris, I'll go!!!!!

Lauren
Old 10-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, you might be someone who likes social interaction when exercising but have you tried exercise videos to spice up your routine a bit? I've been using yoga dvd's as a supplement to my normal exercise routine.

I go to a gym but I know not everyone likes that or perhaps feels self concious. There are also women only gyms if you don't like exercising around guys. I've had to create my own structured plan and I like it because I can change it as I see fit and I know how much time it'll take me to do a particular routine. Sometimes I think that I practically live at the gym because I'm there every day
Old 10-12-2004, 10:03 PM   #18  

Nelie, Watching the time you put into your exercise on the exercise goal thread is indeed an inspiration. You go girl!!

Lauren, my goal is to go to Curves tomorrow!!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:39 PM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Kryss, thanks Good luck with Curves, I hope you like it. I've heard quite a few people that do.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:13 AM   #20  

Nelie -- I had to go check you out and indeed -- you are doing an AWESOME job!!! Way to go!!

So, I DID IT! I finally went back to Curves last night -- WOO HOO!! It actually felt good to really get moving again. And guess what? I am going to try something really radical today: I HAVE MY GYM BAG PACKED TO GO DURING LUNCH!! ha, ha! But, seriously, I have never tried that before but I am going to give it a shot. Tonight I have my fall wreath-making class, so I wouldn't be able to go otherwise. So, Kris, I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you.

And, yesterday I was back to a perfectly on-program day, so maybe I am getting back into it? I hope!!!!

Lauren
Old 10-13-2004, 11:24 AM   #21  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lauren, I know you can do this!

Can you get a CD player...even a cheapo one at Wal*Mart and make a CD of great music to take with you to the gym? That might help. Things like "Let's get it started in here" make my workout more fun!

Also, I love Jazzercise...it is a blast! Are there really no classes near you? Is there a website that lets you check out classes in your area? They really are so much fun...I can tell why curves bores you!
Old 10-13-2004, 11:53 AM   #22  

Laurie -- I don't have a portable CD player, but what I really want is an iPod -- how fun would that be? Anyway, I have to be able to hear when they say to switch -- and when to take my pulse, though I guess I could just watch everyone else.

I SO wish we had a Jazzercise here, I dream of opening one once I lose the weight. But, even if I were skinny I still wouldn't be able to dance -- ha, ha! Anyway, our town is only 25,000, and the next nearest town that is larger than ours, with Jazzercise is 50 miles away! That's Topeka, the state capitol. We neigbor the LEAST populated county in the state, which for Kansas is pretty sparse!! Ha!

Anyway, I appreciate the encouragement. I am already feeling like I am more back-on-track.

I did track my calories yesterday and it came to around 1200. I guess that seems about right.

lauren
Old 10-13-2004, 12:06 PM   #23  

Well I just put in my 20 minutes on my Gazelle (first time I've done it since I got sick) with very loud, upbeat music and I actually had fun. I wanted to get to Curves this morning, but I am having car troubles. I am not going to let that stop me though!! I am going to borrow my bf's car to get to Curves tonight!! I am totally motivated to sweat now!! Weeeee!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:28 PM   #24  

That's great, Kris!! I already blew my lunch plan. Instead of Curves I went home and had a healthy salad with Dh for lunch. It's his morning off so I coudn't resist. Maybe I'll go tomorrow during lunch when he's working.

Baby steps, I guess.

Lauren

P.S. Let me know what you think of Curves!
Closed Thread