South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:34 AM   #1  

Question New Here and Question RE: SF Syrup

Good Morning!

I am just starting on the SBD (waiting for book to arrive, but have picked up the basics here). Due to high Cholesterol, High BP, and 30 extra lbs., I finally found the motivation to develop a new eating plan!

Here's my first question (a 2-parter):
Does anyone know where, in the Baltimore area, I can DaVinci SF syrups??

In the meantime, can you recommend a SF syrup w/fruity taste (as opposed to maple) to put in ricotta or FF yogurt?

Thanks!

Mscelica
Old 10-20-2004, 09:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Mscelica.
I'm not familiar with shopping in your area but I'm sure some smart chickie will be along to answer your query.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mselica,

Welcome! I think you'll love SBD! Please do keep in mind that with any new WOE, but especially this one, you'll do much better if you read the book and stockpile the foods you need before you start. Wait for that book to come...I think you'll be much more successful!

As to the syrups, you can order them online, but to avoid shipping costs, and perhaps pay less, check places like TJ Maxx or Ross Dress for Less in the home areas. In addition, you can usually order the syrups from small coffee shops (not chains) in your town. I did this successfully and so did several other SBD chickies.

Good luck and welcome to the beach!
Old 10-20-2004, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I live in Montgomary county, I have not been able to find DaVinci SF syrups anywhere. Kind of annoying.

I have only found Torani sugar free syrup down by Dulles Airport -World Market http://www.costplus.com/index.htm

There are several in Virgina. I've read that some people have been able to find it at Marshals, but I've never been able to find it.

Check with the grocery store managers in your area. If several people ask for a product many times they will stock it. I haven't had any luck here yet.

Good luck on your new way of eating. Don't think of it as a diet. I started also because of my blood pressure. I didn't have problems with being fat but the idea of having a stroke really scared me enough to do something permanently.

Last edited by sarahyu; 10-20-2004 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Welcome to the Beach! I have no idea about the syrups. Especially in your area! tee-hee! Good luck and hope the health issues are quickly resolved!
Old 10-20-2004, 02:28 PM   #6  
i luv my dog!

Just a thought in case you may have overlooked it but don't forget to check several locations in your market for the syrup:

1 - by the coffee supplies
2 - by the regular syrup and pancake stuff
3 - by the ice cream toppings
4 - in the gourmet section
5 - even perhaps near the jelly, drinks or candy sections, too.

Lastly, ask the manager to look it up on the computer to see if it is in their inventory.

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read here somewhere that it is available at Starbucks, too.

My store only carries two flavors in SF, hazelnut and Irish Creme. So far I prefer the Irish Creme but may order other flavors by mail in the future. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:24 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the advice. I found some raspberry flavoring at my grocery store... made by Luzianne (the tea people) and it was pretty inexpensive, and did the trick! Mixed it w/ricotta and Splenda and it got me past my "sweet tooth"! Found it in the tea section.

(I like those tickers, hope mine works!)

Mscelica

Last edited by mscelica; 10-21-2004 at 07:38 AM.
Closed Thread