South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:04 AM   #1  

Default Loss stopped after Phase II started?

Is this normal? I account part of my stall due to TOM coming, but the whole house was on the diet, and we all lost 9lbs in phase I. Then Phase II, we all gained a lb back! We followed the diet still, even maintaining more Phase I recipes than Phase II ones. How can we tell what we've done wrong? We're all so confused and discouraged.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Did you check out the Phase II List in the FAQ section. I believe the second post has good suggestions on drifting into Phase II. Some folks call it Phase I.5.
Perhaps you could post a day's menus for suggestions.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:22 AM   #3  

I had the same problem when I started Phase 2. I added extra veggies, watched my cheese, nuts and peanut butter a little closer and upped my exercise. I also made sure I was getting plenty of water. And I made sure I wasn't consuming too much sodium and retaining water.

I know we don't need to count calories but you might want to get an idea of your calorie count for a day or two and look at the amount of calories being burned to see if you can see a problem. It may turn out you aren't eating enough and your body is hanging on to everything.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #4  
I found my hipbones!

Like Barb said, it might be a good idea to see what your calorie intake is for a day or two. www.fitday.com is an excellent resource for watching your intake. I used it for a while just to watch my fat vs. carb vs. protein intake. I realized I was consuming way too many fats and not enough fiber. Again, you shouldn't have to watch your calories long term, but this is a good tool to help you stay on track sometimes.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:26 PM   #5  

I had this problem too. Reintroduce your carbs slowly and make sure that if you are adding in a new food you are removing one to keep your calories down. So if you add a slice of bread to your lunch then have a smaller portion of protein.
Closed Thread