3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Remember me? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/46426-remember-me.html)

Chubbamuma 09-09-2004 05:43 PM

Remember me?

Hi all! I joined up in Aug, I think. My keyboard went on the blink, so all I could do for a while was lurk using my mouse! I feel thru my lurking I know a lot of you, and wished I could have been posting too......ok enough of that sob story, on to another one.......
Over the months of July/Aug, we drove 5 times (5 hr trips one way) to attend wedding/wedding stuff for friends. So the eating didn't really go so well. I am just now down to 155 (not much lower than my sig) but am hoping to get back on track. :)
We have a 2 1/2 yr old and also a 3 yr old foster son. The stress over the last week with those two is enough to drive me nuts. I'm teetering on the brink of insanity, let me tell you, bedtime cannot come soon enough. I know it'll get better, I'm just tired of being the ref.
Also, all you who are whining about rain...........have some of my SNOW!!!! ;) It's been snowing for 2 days here. Hello cabin fever! I've been forcing the kids out anyways, and freezing my butt off taking them for walks! (ok, I know, if my butt gets reall cold, maybe it'll fall off and I can lower my sig by a few lbs!)
Anyways, thanks for all the support you all have been giving me without even knowing it. Most of the problems that happen (food wise mostly) here, I can in some way relate to, and the great responses everyone gives help me too. Now, however, I should be able to respond too! Yay! :dizzy:

sweet tooth 09-09-2004 06:14 PM

Chubbamuma - Don't let those little ones get to you. I know it is difficult and I think that boys (especially the ages that you have), get into the most trouble. My boys are grown now, but I do remember the days that I could have gladly packed their suitcases and sent them off - I didn't care where just somewhere else. :D AND the snowy weather doesn't help much, either. But do take care, these times will pass and you will reflect fondly on them. You might even get some laughter out of the memories - I promise.

With your eating...just take one day at a time. Make a plan because it is easier to follow a plan than to take a chance on emotional eating. You can do this, and we are here for you. Take care.

Chubbamuma 09-09-2004 07:32 PM

Sweet tooth, thanks for the encouragement. I know that they are just being toddler boys, and yes, it will pass, and yes, I will get my voice back, and yes bedtime is only 3 hrs away! Lol. Having one toddler is soooo different than having 2! All you who have survived, you have my kudos!
And really, I suppose I'd rather have snow than a hurricane ripping my home apart, so to everyone who lives way south or have friends/family, I hope you all come thru the season ok!

ellis 09-10-2004 09:08 PM

Chubbamuma, welcome back! :wave: My condolences re: the snow! :rolleyes: Crazy!

Chubbamuma 09-11-2004 10:49 AM

Thankfully our snow has melted and turned to light rain and by monday we are getting up to a balmy 15ish! The good thing about fall coming, is I went thriftstoring in the summer and bought fall sweaters to fit me for about the 155lb mark, and here I am! I spent about 45 bucks and have 12 new (to me) sweaters, turtlenecks and nice longsleeve shirts! All really great brands and quality!

beachgal 09-13-2004 09:41 AM

Hi, Chubbamuma, glad you're back! Sending lots of peaceful vibes for you and the little ones! :goodvibes: Hope you can tire them out so they'll play nice!

Chubbamuma 09-13-2004 07:59 PM

Thanks for the welcomes. I've read some of my posts....whew, I could use a typing lesson apparently....my spelling isn't as bad as it looks, my fingers are rusty! lol.

The boys have been getting along marginally better, as long as dh is home, our foster son is a little afraid of male authority still. I'm sure that when he has established dh is a nice guy all bets are off.....haahaa, and the crazy mommy will be back....