South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 03:52 PM   #1  

Default ? about tea

I have a quick question about tea. When I first started posting and SBD wasn't working, I said that I drank a lot of tea and Beachgal (we have a ton of Lauries/Laurens around here- pretty name) said that I should cut back on my tea because it might interfer with my water intake. So I am drinking over 2L of water a day, do you think the tea is still hindering my water intake? I'd appreciate any and all advice!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:03 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Tea is a diuretic so if you are drinking a lot of it, then it will interfere with your body's hydration. I would recommend try drinking less tea and maybe switching to herbal tea? Also if you are drinking caffeinated tea, caffeine tends to mess with your insulin, so that could hinder your weight loss.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:20 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Nelie, you smart (and strong ) girl! That's exactly it.

Kvixen, you can drink 16 oz (2 glasses) of tea each day to count towards your water intake of at least 8 glasses (64 oz) a day. These can be caffeinated, but preferably not.

You might enjoy red tea (rooibos) which has even better antioxidant properties than green tea, but has no caffeine! I have some from the Republic of Tea that has cream and vanilla flavorings in it and is delicious! I have a cup a day as a treat.

Hope this helps, Kvixen!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:49 PM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
You might enjoy red tea (rooibos) which has even better antioxidant properties than green tea, but has no caffeine! I have some from the Republic of Tea that has cream and vanilla flavorings in it and is delicious! I have a cup a day as a treat.
I thoroughly enjoy rooibos tea. I buy Celestial Seasonings "Madagascar Vanilla Red" and put 1 packet Splenda in it as a dessert tea. Also, I'm all about decaf green tea in the morning, and decaf chamomile tea at night. I don't do caffeine really well because it raises my blood pressure and makes my heart pound, freaking me out and sending me into a panic attack. But the green tea has a very refreshing taste to help me wake up in the morning, and chamomile flowers, when ingested, help you go to sleep at night. Works very nicely for me!

Are you serious? You can only have 2 glasses of tea a day??? I'm in trouble. I suck down tea like my body is dependent on it.
Closed Thread