South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 01:03 PM   #16  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Sandra, you have to decide if you really want to do this. If you do then you are going to have give some things up. I totally understand about TOM and how hard it is but you must find goodies that are legal on SBD and not use TOM as an excuse to sabotage your hard work the rest of the time. Love yourself enough to give those things up for a while. Perhaps you will be one who can add back in 2 or 3 pieces of bread later on but right now take it easy. Everyone is here for you and we will help you get through those times when you want to eat everything in the house.
So please post beforeyou start binging.

It almost sounds like you gave yourself the green light to eat whatever you wanted if you got through Phase I but you don't want to undo what you spent two weeks doing.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:21 PM   #17  
Canada

sigh,... you are so right on all accounts!!! I just have to take it a week at a time!!!! arghhhh.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:25 PM   #18  

Honey, take it a day at a time. Worry about making a good breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a couple of snack. And then see about the next day. I eased into Phase 1. I did a week of almost being perfect, and allowing myself little screw ups. Like I made veggie soup that had carrots and corn in it. And I ate the sweet pickles and Boca burgers. I essentially cleaned out my fridge, and then started with a clean slate the next week. Get rid of the stuff that is not OP. Give it to your mom, or friends, etc. If it isn't in the house, you can't have it. And then make lots of Jello and buy sf popsicles. Also, be adventurous. Try the different dessert recipes, etc. Try this website: http://www.mizfrogspad.com/South_Bea...1_Desserts.htm

At first the splenda tastes funny, but after a few days, real sugar starts to taste too sweet. You'll be so happy, and it just gets easier and easier. You seem to be just like me, I adore sweets. I would go days and only eat sweets, skipping meals so I could justify a slice of cake. I would try to go one week mostly OP, then go hardcore the next week. Plus, if you skip around the forum, you can ask all of your questions, and find out new things so that you don't trap yourself during the real run. The mods might disagree with me, but it's how it worked for me, and I figure that counts for something! ;-)
Old 08-26-2004, 02:27 PM   #19  

Oh, and make a meal and a dessert a real event. Use a pretty dish, nice silverware, a nice napkin, candles if you have time, and it will mean soooo much more! =) Treat yourself to a romantic meal.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:49 PM   #20  
tigerlily29

It always helps me to think how I want to lose weight more then I want that icecream, or bead or other forbidden deliciousnesses(Is that a word?)
Old 08-29-2004, 08:29 PM   #21  

How about cheesecake, nachos and cheese, choc chip cookies, and sf choc almonds...ughh.
Closed Thread