Detox side effects?

• Hey guys,

I'm ending day 2 and I've not cheated in the last 2 days. Since last night I've had a headache. I suffer from migraines and it's nowhere near that bad, I can function but it's really annoying. I was just wondering if anyone else got headaches when they started going without sugar?

Kristin
  • I got headaches for the first few days, usually I could eat sf popsicle, or a few sips of a diet, caffiene free soda and it would go away pretty quickly
  • I've had diet caffeine free pop and it's not made a difference. I'm glad to hear that yours went away in a few days! I just took some acetaminophen so hopefully it will help.

Kristin
  • They say it takes about 3 days for your body to adjust and for sugar to work it's way completely out of your system. I believe this to be true, as I have also experienced headaches when first going without it. The result is a truly wonderful, "drug-free" feeling though...so hang in there because it's definately worth it! Good luck.

343/324/160

In the long run, we only hit what we aim at. - Thoreau
  • Yes the first few days are the worst.
  • Just stick it out until about day 4 or 5 and it should get better. Drink water water water until you think you are going to float or drown yourself in the toilet. It helps.
  • headache
    Headaches? yes.
    I'm on day 12 of phase 1. I had been injesting
    waaaay too much caffeine.several cups of coffee
    in the morning, then diet cokes all day followed by
    afternoon coffee and diet cokes in the evening.
    They are tapering off so I figured it was definitely
    the adjustment to my DRASTIC reduction in caffeine.
    I hope that's helpful.
  • 2kewt2Bfat, you definitely want to cut out that caffeine to no more than two servings a day...it can really mess up your weight loss, which I'm sure you don't want! I know it can be hard though, so tapering off will help.

Kristin, as everyone else said, feeling terrible during the first 3-5 days of detox is really normal. Take it easy, take gentle care of yourself, take pain relievers, drink tons of water as Jen mentioned, and it will go away on its own...you'll be amazed how GREAT you feel by the end of the week! Really!

Love seeing so many new posters in here! : Welcome!
  • I get very bad headaches when I redo phase one. I usually take some excedrin and try to drink plenty of water as dehydration makes it worse.
  • I am making my morning coffee with 1/3 caf and 2/3 decaf
    and have 3 cups. Then alot of water.
    THEN I get 1 real diet coke. NO afternoon coffee
    and a couple of caf free diet drinks thrown in between.
    I do try to drink water the most though.
  • I had headaches for 5 days or so. I am a sugar hound...