Ideas for Steak

• I just started the SBD, I have the Regular Book but I don't have alot of the ingredients or time for most of the recipes with steak.. Any help is appreciated

Also, I'm not a fan of spicy things.. Thanks!
  • The menu plans and recipes in the book are simply guidelines. Just choose what you want to eat from the approved list and go for it! Most of us do that. Please check out the Recipe Section in this Forum, especially for the make ahead meals!
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114
  • Hi, Firefly!

We have steak every Saturday. If I'm not in an adventurous mood (or am tired), I simply sprinkle it with Lawry's seasoning salt, garlic powder, and fresh pepper, then grill on the George Foreman. Some other easy things to do are to sprinkle some bleu cheese on top as soon as you remove the steak from the heat (this makes the bleu cheese melt a little), sautee onions and/or mushrooms to throw on top, or spread a little dijon mustard on top (though that might be too spicy for your taste).

I have found a lot of great recipes at www.cookinglight.com (you have to log in to see the recipes, but they are worth it!)

Good luck!
  • I am a fan of dry rubbing the steak with minced garlic and pepper. Easy and I always have those 2 ingredients on hand.

Happy Steak Cooking!!