What to eat under stress???

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Help!

Probably one of the most stressful days of my life. My father just woke up from sedation and they are checking his heart. I'm a bloody wreck!

Not to mention I'm really hungry now, burnt all my calories crying....

What should I eat?
  • What are the choices you have? I don't know if you are stuck in the hospital and only have a snack machine to choose from. BTW, I am keeping your father in my prayers.
  • No, that's the worst part. I'm stuck at the office running the business while he is at a hospital 2 1/2 hours away....I can run over to the grocery store, but this is a mood for chocolate.....don't want to do that. I'm on Phase II, but little sister is on Phase I...
  • That's right, I had read that you were running the business. This might be a good time for something like hummus and red pepper or peanut butter and celery.
  • Turkey Pepperoni.
  • Cottage cheese and green peppers - or milk. ((((Sarah))))
  • How about beans with some cheese ,hot sauce on them. Nuts like pischios then it can take you awhile to open each of them help pass the time and hopefully the hunger. Godd luck. Your Father is in my prayers.
  • Sorry about your father. In times of stress maybe something high powered. I don't which diet you are on. Maybe it's South Beach. I'm new here but I just want to support you in your time of stress. joan fay
  • Keeping your dad in my prayers. Hoping that everything works out fine. Take care.
  • Sorry about your Dad, hope he is okay. As for what to eat - how about using this as an opportunity to break the cycle of emotional eating? (I read Dr Phil's 7 tips book).
  • If you really feel you need comfort food then have a chocolate ricotta cream or the SB peanut butter cup.
  • Sorry to hear about your dad, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Try not to emotional eat if you can. It is a cycle that needs to be broken.
  • Your dad is in my prayers! All of ours, it seems!
    This might sound weird, but I chew ice a lot under stress. Its the motions of chewing and holding a cup of at least something that comforts me. And Ice usually does it. When my grandmother was in the hospital I had a large soda cup full of it that I would just chew through.
    I don't know what makes you eat when you're stressed, but maybe just going through the motions would help. I hope everything goes well, I know a million people a day must be telling you that, though. So just know you're in my prayers.
  • Sarah, you're still in my prayers! I hope you made it through the day successfully.
    Please let us know how your Dad is doing when you get a chance.
  • (((hugs))). I will keep your dad in my prayer. Try almonds, or if there is prepackaged peanuts ( not honey roasted) that may be a good snack. cheese is another snack.

If you just have to have choclate, buy a plain hersheys and have three of the peices and toss the rest ( Dr. A's 3 bite rule). But most of all take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up over a bite off SBD.