South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 07:00 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Pampered Chef Recipe?

Okay girls, I have the new Season's Best Recipe Collection for Fall/Winter from Pampered Chef, and it has a recipe that I am HOPING can be SBD-friendly for Ph2. Check it out and let me know what you think! (Plus, I'm giving you a free look at one of the new recipes!)

Savory Cheese Bites

These crispy cream cheese nuggets, coated with a unique crumb mixture, are sure to disappear.

1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese <---- will use low fat, of course
1/3 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
1 tsp. Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, well chilled <---- will use low fat, of course
1 jar spaghetti sauce, warmed <---- bought low fat/low carb, no sugar kind

1) Preheat oven to 375. Grate Parmesan cheese. Finely chop almonds. Combine Parmesan cheese, almonds and seasoning mix. Mix well.

2)In small bowl, combine egg and garlic. Whisk. Slice cream cheese in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 12 slices, for a total of 24 slices. Dip cheese slices in egg mixture, then coat in Parmesan cheese mixture; arrange evenly on baking stone. Bake 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve immediately with sauce.

Yield: 24 appetizers.

Hint: To easily slice cream cheese, dip knife in hot water and wipe dry between cuts.

Nutrients per serving (2 appetizers and 3 tbsp sauce, full-fat recipe): Calories 150, Total Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 40mg, Carbohydrate 5g, Protein 5g, Sodium 380mg, Fiber 1g.

It sounds okay to me, so long as one doesn't go overboard and eat all 24 in one shot. What do you girls think? It'd be nice for entertaining, especially since my parents and mother-in-law are both on the diet! Let me know!
Old 08-08-2004, 10:15 PM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

23 people besides myself have read my post, but no one seems to know! I have to make the recipe for a party tomorrow night, now, since I forgot I was going to a Party Lite Party, and there's nothing there for me to eat. So I hope they work for Ph2!

(I only posted again so it'll get bumped to the top of the list and more people will read it and maybe someone will answer. I'm so sneaky. )

Talk to you girls tomorrow!

Loverly,
Old 08-09-2004, 03:43 AM   #3  

I am not sure how much cream cheese you can have on phase two. Personally I would be too tempted to have a whole pile of them so I would try to add some raw vegie sticks that could also be used to dip in the sauce. I'm not sure if that goes with spaghetti sauce though!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 2"

Looks good to me weezle! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Have a good day, Patricia
Old 08-09-2004, 09:46 AM   #5  

It looks OP to me. And a great idea for a party where you can share them and not eat too many.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:05 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Looks yummy, Weezle! I'd be tempted to eat the entire batch, but if it's for a gathering, it should be okay.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Default Thanks

Hey, thanks everybody. I thought it sounded okay....I figure if you make it for a party, and you have 2 appetizers, that's only 2/3oz of low fat cream cheese. If we can have 1oz low fat Laughing Cow on Ph1, you'd think you could have 2/3oz low fat cream cheese on Ph2.

Yeah, on Ph1 I was just stuck, but somehow on Ph2, the weight has started to fall off again....I'm amazed that I can add 1 starchy thing a day and still lose weight. I'm at my goal (per the calander) today. 141! It's so sad....I have to make DF get on the floor and look at the scale to tell me what it says....I'm young and my eyes are good, I just can't tell because the little lines are so close together. I'd like a new scale, but I JUST BOUGHT this one, less than 6 months ago. Hmmm maybe it was longer.... time has flown by....

I let you know how these things taste tonight! Thanks again!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:29 PM   #8  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Wow, this sounds really really good. Do they give any suggestions as to what else to serve with it?
What do the rest of you think would go well with it?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:02 PM   #9  

I thought you could have light cream cheese on Phase 1...is that why I am not losing??
Old 08-09-2004, 10:29 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Malinda-

On Ph1 you're only supposed to have "nondairy cream cheese substitute." I think they really limit your dairy because of the fat in it (even if it's low fat.) You can have low fat cheese and limit your fat free milk, but cream cheese is a Ph1 no-no, so sayeth the SBD Bible. Low fat Laughing Cow cheese is good, though, to use instead of cream cheese, if you like. Yummmm!

It may not necessarily be the reason you're not losing, though. Are you drinking enough water? That was one of my big problems at first. Also, make sure you eat plenty of fresh veggies, and some beans, too, to keep you regular. That helps a lot, trust me! Adding a little cardio to your routine, if you haven't already, will help melt those calories off and boost your progress.

That's all I know! Good luck
Closed Thread