South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Easy, Yummy P1 Dessert Recipes?

Do they exist?

The SB book has Almond (etc) Ricotta Creme, but I tried both vanilla and almond, and they both were pretty icky. Anybody know of any recipes that I can fit into my schedule and taste good too?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

CHECK OUT THE RECIPE SECTION IN THIS FORUM.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114
Old 07-14-2004, 08:29 AM   #3  

It is all about the Peanut Butter Cup- like Ruth said, check out the recipe section.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Is it the texture you don't like or the taste? If it is the texture, try a different brand. Some are smoother then others. Or try mixing in a small amount of skim milk, like a tablespoon. I've had good luck with ff Sargento.

SF/FF jello is nothing else works. Once you get into phase 2, you can make up the sf/ff pudding and put them into single serving bowls for the week. I don't quite have the will power not to eat several servings at once if I dip it out of one bowl each time.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:15 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle
Do they exist?

The SB book has Almond (etc) Ricotta Creme, but I tried both vanilla and almond, and they both were pretty icky. Anybody know of any recipes that I can fit into my schedule and taste good too?
Weezle, did you put it in the blender? Because, that will entirely change the texture AND taste. This is what I make, and I LOVE it:

1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
1/4 cup ricotta cheese (sometimes I switch them for more ricotta and less cc)
splash vanilla extract
2tbsp cocoa powder
2tsp. natural peanut butter
splash of skim milk

Then I blend that up in the blender (or food processor if you like) and it's a creamy dessert. I LOVE it. It's so creamy tasting, and everything is totally legal! I always feel guilty and like I've cheated when I have that! heh
Old 07-14-2004, 01:39 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cool idea, Kim!

Weezle, as for easy, there are many things you can buy premade, like the No Sugar Added Fudgesicles and Creamsicles, and Sugar Free popsicles from different brands. You can also get SF Jell-o premade in little cups, and top them with Cool Whip Free (2Tbsp.), if you want.

For yummy, you can try the Ziploc ice cream. It's really good, and fun to make, but it does take at least five minutes of shaking, I think (see the recipe in the recipe forum to make sure).

Once you are in Phase 2, try putting a 1/2 oz of baking chocolate (semi-sweet or bittersweet) in the micro until melted (30 sec at a time) and dip strawberries into it. Yummmm!
Old 07-14-2004, 04:43 PM   #7  

I am a big fan of the SF/FF pudding. Honestly, pre-SBD I had only had pudding when doing WW. But the chocolate and butterscotch pudding mixes really helped me stay on plan.

And they were next to NO work to make. Which as a working mom of twins, I needed.

Good luck!!
Old 07-14-2004, 06:03 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Ditto! I used the SF/FF puddings when I was on WW and they got me through the need to have something sweet.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

You guys rock! I love this thing! I don't think I'd be able to do SBD if I didn't have this forum! It's like a nice little support group with meetings that fit my schedule. I've already told 3 girls about the diet and the forum, and they're all thinking of starting!

I will say I feel pretty good about myself for going 3 days without a binge or going off the plan. I do have a wicked headache today, but besides that, I feel great! I'm starting small with the exercise, only doing 30 minutes of my stationary bike and 5 minutes of my Ab Scissor each night, but I feel a lot better than when I didn't do them!

I just keep telling myself "I'm going to be skinny again!!!!!" I look back at old pictures where I was 115-120 lbs and ate whatever I wanted and think "How the heck did I do it???" Granted, I was 6 years younger than I am now, but still, it's gotten a LOT harder as I've gotten older. I want to get a grasp on it now while I'm still pretty young and before children time. My mom was a gorgeous 115 lbs at 5'5" after her SECOND child! She's two inches taller than I am and still weighs less than I do! It's just not right, but I WILL BE SKINNY AGAIN!

Thanks to everyone for their help and support!!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #10  

Is the SF/FF pudding on Phase 1 or Phase 2. Man if I can have that it would nive. Getting a little tired of ricotta and Jello. And you know its hard to have just 1 of those little fuge pops! (HE HE) Thanks
Old 07-15-2004, 03:57 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle
I will say I feel pretty good about myself for going 3 days without a binge or going off the plan. I do have a wicked headache today, but besides that, I feel great! I'm starting small with the exercise, only doing 30 minutes of my stationary bike and 5 minutes of my Ab Scissor each night, but I feel a lot better than when I didn't do them!
Weezle... I also had headaches the first week. Apparently it's quite common, as your body detoxes from the carbs and adjusts to processing more protien and whole foods with fibre. It will get better soon, I promise you.

I also found that I couldn't exercise until the 2nd week of Ph1, near the end, because my body was just too weak as I adjusted. So don't be surprised if you feel weak or tired. Again, it's all about that adjustment as your body gets healthy and becomes a fat-burning machine! (I'm a slow moving machine, but it's happening. hehe) Once you start to see the numbers shrink back... you will have SO much more willpower and won't want to cheat.

But do keep one thing in mind: If you need to cheat, wait until Ph2. You need to be PERFECT on Ph1, or you won't see the results. Seriously. The whole point of Ph1 is to change your blood chemistry, and if you cheat and have sugar/carbs, then you're completely undoing any progress you've made.

By the way, I was exactly your weight -- 115lbs, and I felt AMAZING. I hate myself for putting on the weight (I'm 144 now) but this SBD is the best thing I've ever found. It will be a lifestyle for me, which is something I never would have predicted.
Closed Thread