3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Need a safe Fast food salad place? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/43112-need-safe-fast-food-salad-place.html)

skherb 07-06-2004 08:31 PM

Need a safe Fast food salad place?

Ok so is there such a thing as a safe fastfood place on South Beach? I will not be able to go home or pack a luch tomorrow and do not want to mess up my diet on the 2nd day. Any advice would be great. Thanks :lol:

Natter 07-06-2004 09:05 PM

Hi! Burger King does a good fired grilled chicken or shrimp. Watch out for McDonald's -- not really the best.

chick_on_the_beach 07-06-2004 10:41 PM

I eat subway and get a roast beef wrap with diet coke. Just stay away from the cookies!

MichelleRae 07-06-2004 10:59 PM

I had subway turkey breast on whole wheat from subway. What about deli made salads? you can pick them up premade right in the grocery store :)

mompen 07-06-2004 11:24 PM

I also like the Burger King salad.

Check online at the www.burgerking.com www.mcdonalds.com and www.wendys.com
to check the nutritional facts. They are all posted on the sites!

Hope this helps!

Barb0522 07-07-2004 09:32 AM

Try the taco bowl at Chipotle. Just make sure they put extra lettuce instead of rice in it. It has black beans and your choice of meat.

I can't remember if you are on Phase 1 or 2. Applebees does takeout and you could get the Weight Watcher's chicken skillet which comes with a whole wheat tortilla. I notice you are in Frisco. Tin Star also has a grilled chicken platter on their Trainer's Choice section of their menu. It has grilled chicken breast with grilled veggies and black beans with Pico de Gallo. Just don't let them talk you into their low carb tortilla. I asked and it is made out of corn.

Boston Market is also pretty healthy if you get grilled chicken or turkey breast. Their nutritional information is on their web site so you can decide which of their sides is the best. I usually get their steamed vegetables and the Sesame Broccoli which is a little too high in sugar but I try not to eat too much of their sauce.

I'm just not a salad person so I look for alternatives. Oh, if you do get the Burger King Fire Grilled Shrimp salad, do not eat it with the Sweet Onion Vinagrette that it comes with. It is delicious but I could taste the sugar in it.

Hope that helps some.

satchel 07-07-2004 09:55 AM

I like the chargrilled chicken salad with caesar dressing at Chik fil a.

beachgal 07-07-2004 10:17 AM

The salads at Arby's are good, but you have to take off a lot...fruit and such, if you are on Phase 1.

Do you have a supermarket or a Fresh Choice near you where you can just get a salad to go by using a salad bar? That way you have a better idea of what you are getting!

blazesmum 07-07-2004 07:56 PM

I have very few options here for Fast Food. I went to Wendys and got the spinach chicken salad.................it seemed to be all on plan, without having to take anything off...it was spinach/lettuce, grape tomatoes, chopped egg, chicken breast. Pretty good, too.

Shelle