Gettin married In sep just started SB and need to know some beginner info

• Hello everyone I am getting married at the end of Sep and I just started the SB diet. I am looking to loose atleast 15 -20lbs before I get married . I really just want some info on different products I can pick up at the store. I am on the go constantly I have 3 boys and am a cosmetologist. So I am wanting quick snack and lunch ideas maybe I can take along with me . Thank you so much
  • Hi Sassy! Welcome to the Beach!
    Have you checked out the recipe and FAQ sections here? There are lots of great ideas!
  • Quote: Hello everyone I am getting married at the end of Sep and I just started the SB diet. I am looking to loose atleast 15 -20lbs before I get married . I really just want some info on different products I can pick up at the store. I am on the go constantly I have 3 boys and am a cosmetologist. So I am wanting quick snack and lunch ideas maybe I can take along with me . Thank you so much
    Sassy -- I just replied to your first post, so you can check out my answer there.

But I'll tell you again, this isn't a "quick" diet in the sense of being able to grab food and run -- at least not the first two weeks. There's not much to eat on-the-go, I've found (that is, unless you don't mind taking many containers of Tupperware in a cooler with you everywhere, so you have food with you! Which isn't a bad idea, actually.)

The thing is, anything that is fast, that you can pick up on-the-go, is going to be full of sugar. And this diet is all about getting rid of the sugar in your diet. And that means in salad dressings and really everything else (which is why there are virtually no store-bought salad dressings that you can use -- that's why I make my own dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a bit of splenda). You want to find sugar-free products. Things that contain corn syrup, fructose, etc., those are all sugar items.

And that's why you want whole foods. Check out my answer to your first post and you'll see what I"m talking about.
  • Hi, Sassy!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Have you read the SBD book? You'll find the diet very difficult, I think, if you don't read the book first.

That said, some great snacks are:
    • Part skim mozzerella cheese sticks (string cheese)
    • 15 almonds or walnuts, OR 20 peanuts, OR 30 pistachios, OR 2Tbsp of natural PB
    • Celery sticks (or other veggies) with one triangle of Laughing Cow Light cheese, OR 2 Tbps Hummus, OR 2 Tbsp SBD friendly dressing
    • On Phase 2, one 4 oz container of sugar free (sweetened with splenda or equal) fruit-flavored yogurt
    • 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with cucumbers, tomatoes, or other veggies, or with ground flaxseed, cinnamon and a packet of sweetener
    • 1/2 cup of plain yogurt with fruit (if on Phase 2) or with cucumbers if on Phase 1

You can also roll up lunch meat with cheese and other veggies (like peppers) and eat those for a snack.

Enjoy!
  • Kim is right in that this isn't a fast and easy diet. However, I've found several store bought dressings to use--just look for less than 3 grams of sugar in the nutrition panel and no ingredients with the word "hydrogenated" in it and you are fine. I love Pfeiffer's Ranch and Bleu Cheese dressings. Just read the nutrition panels and you'll be fine. Phase 1 is tough to mess with, but in Phase 2, you can get a salad to go from a take out place and be fine if you watch what's on it (no breaded meat, no croutons, not too much cheese, etc.).

Good luck!
  • Thanks everyone for responding. I am on day three and it is definetly getting easier. So hopefully all will work out well for me . It is alot easier than I believed it would be . So thanks for all the suggestions and advice I will keep you posted

Shawnna