3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Day 9-Am I eating too much? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/43058-day-9-am-i-eating-too-much.html)

Carol28 07-06-2004 06:56 AM

Day 9-Am I eating too much?

Hello Everyone. Hope your holiday went well. I've lost only 4 pounds so far. And I know I lost the first 3 in the first 4 days. What happened in the last 4 days? Am I eating too much cheese - one am mozzarella stick and blue or feta on lunch salad and Laughing cow on celery in midafternoon. I have no more than 10 pecans, no more than one fudgsicle and a dish of the ricotta cheese. These last 3 are sometimes all after dinner. Is that the problem? How can I help myself? I guess, now that I'm writing this, I should only have one of those after dinner.

Any other advice?

Ruthxxx 07-06-2004 07:15 AM

Good morning.

Hmmmmmmm.....cheese is probably the culprit as is the eating in the evening. I think Dr A treats the ricotta creme as an evening snack - ONE evening snack. Are the cheeses you list low- or no-fat? I've yet to see low fat cheese sticks or blue cheese up here although low-fat feta is around.

The 8 to 12 pounds touted in the book is for fols who have a lot of belly fat and are very overweight. Those of us (not me!) with just a bit to lose will not lose as quickly.

Hang in there, Carol!

Carol28 07-06-2004 08:11 AM

thank you for asking

The cheese sticks are 'light' with only 20 fat calories as is the feta. The blue cheese is not. I will continue with only one evening snack. I just bought lowfat cheddar which I will grate on the Cobb Salad instead of the blue cheese (which makes this salad so good.) I'll return the blue cheese which I bought for this week. I think you are right about the after dinner treats.

That's the hardest time for me. Very bad habits and a husband who is supportive, but eats right up to 9:00.

I love this website as I can refine my eating habits and receive answers for my own needs immediately. I thank you. By the way, I went back to the original threads in this area and it seems you 3fatchicks have gotten very strong over the years. Congratulations.

wendyjo 07-06-2004 09:36 AM

4 pounds is not bad, by the way.

MittenNKim 07-06-2004 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol28
The cheese sticks are 'light' with only 20 fat calories as is the feta. The blue cheese is not. I will continue with only one evening snack. I just bought lowfat cheddar which I will grate on the Cobb Salad instead of the blue cheese (which makes this salad so good.) I'll return the blue cheese which I bought for this week. I think you are right about the after dinner treats.

Carol... I believe that blue cheese IS allowed. But we've all talked about this on here: use it if you want, but just a sprinkle for the taste. Too much cheese will definitely slow your progress, even the low-fat kinds.

Also, you should remember: the plan is forumulated to keep your metabolism up through five meals a day. And while the "allowed" list doesn't limit us to a certain size of serving or how many times you can have an item... you still need to watch your calories. Because the fact remains, you have to burn more calories than you're taking in. And if you're eating 2500 calories a day, even if it's the right food, you're not going to lose! I personally limit my intake to between 1200 and 1400 a day. 1500 at the UPPER limit. (When I started, I entered all of my food on fitday.com, just to see where I'm at...)

Last thing... I would suggest that you don't eat after 8pm. You don't want to go to bed with food in your tummy.

coolflowers914 07-06-2004 11:38 AM

Hi, Carol :D

I think I'm having the same problem...not knowing if I'm eating the right amounts.

I think I'm going to start a log at fitday.com to keep track of my calories.

Hope you had a nice weekend!

Lisa

beachgal 07-06-2004 11:55 AM

Carol, the bleu cheese is okay, just limit the amount. Check your cheese sticks for added sugar. The best kind, I've found, are the part-skim mozzerella ones he recommends in the book--2% cheddar has too much fat. A Daily Dish (you can sign up to receive these free from the SBD site) recently talked about cheese--you want one with less than 6g. of fat. I like Cabot's 50% less fat cheddar cheese. They even have deli slices, which I find easier to get on a salad than taking out a grater or cutting.

You might want to switch your nuts to almonds, which have less fat and have more nutrients and good effects. You can have 15. Try eating them in the day. Do you eat dinner too early and stay up late so your energy drags? You might want to have dinner later to balance things out. Also, look for things to do (preferably away from your eating husband). Take a big bottle of water with you and swig from it when you feel like eating (I've drank a gallon of water at one sitting this way... :lol: ), and invest in some sugar free gum to chew when you get desperate (but remember to count the calories as part of your 75).

And remember that 4 pounds is a great loss! :D

India On The Beach 07-06-2004 03:50 PM

You might want to try low fat cottage cheese as a snack, less fat than low fat cheese, maybe some soy nuts in the evening instead of regular nuts. I have to eat something before bed because I have low blood sugar, so I have my ricotta dessert about a half hour before bed. I'm on Day 3 now, but it sure beats what I used to eat all day long.