Lab results...this is worth it!

• OK, this may be boring for most, but I'm on cloud nine. I posted labs I had done 3 months ago, and for grins and giggles I had repeat ones done today. I love getting stuck by needles.........

My first labs were done before a surgery I had in December of 2001. So here they are:

Dec. 2001 Mar. 2004 July 2004

Triglycerides 306 89 51

Cholesterol 238 176 148

HDL 35 33 43

LDL 142 125 95

Cardiac Risk 3.0 1.2 1.0

The HDL went up, but that's the one you want to go up, while the LDL should go down. I don't know much about Cardiac Risk numbers, we don't deal too much with that in the ER. Maybe the Vampiress out there can explain it better.

Anyway, the way of eating is definitely worth it! I was really for lipitor and glyburide and stuff.

Boring I know but I'm excited.
  • Wow! Very impressive! You are disgustingly healthy! I'm envious.
  • My goodness! You DESERVE that bracelet, girl!!
  • Now that is some success!! Forget the scale, those numbers are priceless.

Tell me, are you celebrating by doing something nice for yourself? A massage or pedicure, a new book, a bubble bath? I think you should rejoice at how healthy you have become!!
  • Those are great numbers, congratulations! I can't wait to get my blood drawn on Tuesday (that's probably the first time I ever said that )
  • Good Stuff!!!
  • Same thing happened to me - I posted about it a few days ago. And mine went down even though I stopped taking my meds, which is very amazing to me.
  • hi
    I'm pretty happy about the numbers.

In celebration, I'm not eating bad food. That was a reward in my "previous life". Now I'm saving up to buy me an ipod mini, so I don't have to carry a CD player when I go on my walk/run.

I've also gone just a little bit nuts on the clothes buying thing....something my husband is not used to. He's happy I have new clothes but he's not sure how he feels about the money spent. I figure 18 years of looking like a frump, he's saved a ton of money.

Ellis, I'm so excited to get my bracelet! It's about time you said I deserve it. Are you delivering it personally or by mail.
  • Congrats on the numbers. This must feel real good!

cc
  • I'm walking it over, sweetie.
  • I just got my lipid profile results and it looks like I have a ways to go yet:

Cholesterol - 188
    Triglycerides - 67
    HDL - 31
    LDL - 144

My doc has asked me to limit egg yolks. I'm glad to have an excuse to eat something else for breakfast besides yucky eggs.