3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Pass the sunscreen, can I join you on the beach? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/42798-pass-sunscreen-can-i-join-you-beach.html)

smilintwins 06-30-2004 03:47 PM

Pass the sunscreen, can I join you on the beach?

Good afternoon ladies!!

My name is Jen and I am the mom of twins. My little man and princess :love: are 17mo. I currently work part-time as a healthcare consultant. I started SBD in January and had lots of initial success. But I have been in a rut for about 2 months now. Not gaining, but not moving towards my goal either.

I am looking for some inspiration to jumpstart my loss again. Right now, I would like to see the 170s. I know I *should* lose more than that, but one step at a time.

I have done WW in the past (went from HW of 231 down to *exactly* where I am now...) but stopped when I finally got PG with my little :twirly: and :queen:. They turned one and I looked in the mirror and said something had to change.

So here I am, sand in my shorts...ready to settle in on the beach.

HistoryChick 06-30-2004 03:56 PM

Welcome Jen! The Beach is a great place to be! :)

sweet tooth 06-30-2004 04:07 PM

Welcome. Wishing you the best of successes.

Kiko 06-30-2004 04:17 PM

Jump right on in and join us!!

kaetra 06-30-2004 04:22 PM

Welcome Jen! My daughter is 17 months now too! It's nice to see another toddler-mommy. :)

Ruthxxx 06-30-2004 04:45 PM

Welcome, Jen, and here's the SPF30. Geez, I hate it when I get sand in my shorts! :lol3:
Aside from that, you'll like it here.

KristasMom 06-30-2004 04:55 PM

Glad you're here Jen - We live in Livonia, but commute to Ann Arbor daily, it seems.

Sue
278/274/160
SW/CW/GW

cottagebythesea 06-30-2004 07:41 PM

Glad you're joining us, Jen! I started on SBD in Jan, too, and like you, I was losing at a fast pace at first, then I hit a plateau that seemed to last forever. Now I'm losing about 1 or 2 lbs a week, so HANG IN THERE! Add something new to your diet to confuse your body for a day or two - that really helped me.

ozziesgirl 06-30-2004 10:30 PM

Welcome to the Beach Jen!!!

RNMOM 06-30-2004 10:41 PM

Hi

If you have sand in your shorts this is the place to be to get your shorts kicked! These people are the best!

beachgal 06-30-2004 11:22 PM

Welcome, Jen! :wave:

My sisters are identical twins, and boy did they give my mom a run for her money! :lol: I know you are getting lots of exercise with those two! Have you joined Mothers of Twins? My whole family had a blast growing up with that group!

I just got out of a plateau myself, but it happened on its own and was only two weeks long...I can't imagine two months! Can you post a sample of your daily meal plan so we can look it over and try to help? Do you drink a lot of water? Do you exercise? Are your clothes fitting any better? Are you measuring or is a cheat sneaking in there? (I am horrible about measuring and know that I need to!)

We'll do all we can to help. Looking forward to getting to know you and your cuties! :D

clovey 07-01-2004 04:29 AM

Hi Jen

good luck on the beach.

ellis 07-01-2004 08:16 AM

Welcome, Jen!! :wave: