New to SB

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This is my third day on SB. I'm on vacation. Seems like I'm spending lots of time in the kitchen cutting vegetables. I have so many questions. Here are three:
    Can I use soy cheese (it's processed)in Phase 1?
    After dinner dessert, can I have a snack, or is that it?
    Do Buddies help a lot?
    Help!
  • Welcome and good luck. I will leave others to answer your questions, but dont go hungry.
  • Welcome Carol28.
    Soy cheese is OK on Phase I.
    If you're hungry, have an evening snack.
    Buddies definitely DO help and this is the place to give and get support to others.
    Read all the FAQ stickies and join us on the daily chat.
    Do you have the book?
  • Welcome to the Beach. I see one of our experts have answered your question. Ruthie is one of the Best.
  • Thank you so much for your responses. I made the muffin quiches with soy cheese and then did not know if I could eat them, so I froze them until I could find out. Out they come. I hope they are good.
    Now that I know I can have an evening snack, I probably won't want one. I just hated not being allowed one.
    I used a marinade for steaks last night that was posted-lime, dijon, garlic. Fabulous! I'm so happy to have recipes. I haven't had steak in this house in years.
    I'd love to have a buddy.
  • ps Yes, I do have the book. I do not have the cook book. The recipes online seem to be great!
  • morning carol!!! welcome to the beach. sounds like you have a great start going!! there is a ton of great info in here and the best support i've found anywhere. good luck!!
  • new too :)
    Hi, Carol!

I'd be happy to buddy up with you! Today is my 4th day on Phase 1 and like you, I hope I'm doing it right. It all feels so strange to me...I've never done a low-carb diet. I always counted calories and fats (and used dern near all of them on carbs) but got to the point I was diet resistant from all the years of yo-yoing and insulin resistant.

I have got to lose weight...I'm carrying just way to much on my frame and I'm tired of all the aches and pains from it. I'm having to take a statin drug for my cholesterol and I sure wish I could get rid of that expense every month!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works for me The book was so sensible and described me perfectly. I had just about given up on ever being able to lose weight until a friend suggested SB to me.

Nice to meet you and good luck to us both!

Lisa
    Phase 1, Week 1
    202.5/140
  • Welcome, Carol! You'll find a lot of support here and answers to your questions.
  • Morning and welcome Carol!
  • Good Morning! Welcome Carol and Lisa!
  • Great to have you here. Welcome.
  • Thank you all so much for your welcome. I am feeling good about all of this. Being on vacation helps.

Carol
  • Welcome Carol and Lisa! Sounds like you are doing great!
  • Welcome Welcome~!

Hope ya love it here