South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 04:58 AM   #1  

Default Beachchat Wednesday

Guten morgan ladies

coffee on the patio, very nice. I have had two pints of water already and am feeling like a swimming pool. I will have to be careful or cottage will electrocute me and sue will be dunking mosquitos in me. eeek.

Yesterdays weeding went well, and the veg garden looks a little more presentable. The cucumbers are fruiting very well, and I am getting about two a day at the moment....bliss, warm from the greenhouse, almost nutty. Wimbledon will be on telly this afternoon, although I have a couple of clients, scheduled irritatingly for when Tim Henman will probably be on court (I work as a psychotherapist and counsellor).

This weekend I am off to view some properties.......I am wanting to buy a weekend cottage, with a view to gradually relocating to the countryside. There is one I like the look of, quite near Bath in south west england, over three floors, two bedrooms. But the kitchen is tiny. But it has a 200ft garden, which appeals to me. It says it has period fireplaces but does not say which period. If they are georgian or early victorian they might be huge....too big. Hmm. The picture suggests it is a tall thin house, and it is a terrace, probably an old workers' cottage. A bit near the neighbours (I have reclusive tendencies).

Well, that is in a few days time. For now, I am working working working at my desk and I might go and buy some spring onion seeds to get a crop before the autumn. The tube strike is still on so no social activities tonight for me. Maybe the weather will be nice for an outdoor supper?

What are you all up to today?
Old 06-30-2004, 06:33 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Clovey, I always look forward to your posts. They almost make me homesick, except that England isn't MY home! My great grandparents home, yes, but not mine. I have been to visit 3 times and fell in love a little more each trip. If you buy that cottage in Bath, may I please come to visit???? I'll help weed the garden...

No gardens here, unfortunately. We've gotten so much rain lately. But we DID see the sun yesterday for a bit. Yay! The light was almost TOO bright.

Ok, time to hit the shower. I'll try to pop back on but if I can't...

HAGD at the Beach! Don't trip over any washed up jellyfish

Mamacita
Old 06-30-2004, 07:10 AM   #3  

Yes mamacita you can definitely visit and we will do some weeding together...and plant loads of good op things like cabbages, lettuces, green beans, and garlic. Yummy.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:19 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning!

Clovey, have you been drinking? It's much too early, darling.
That cottage sounds absolutely gorgeous!! Get it!!

Mamacita, I hope your DH's operation goes well. I had no idea such delicate surgery was possible!

Nette, I'm so sorry about your friend's husband. I'll be saying prayers for the family...

Jess and Jen, welcome to the Beach! Glad you both found the daily thread.

Karen, that is wonderful news!! Thanks for keeping us posted!!

I'm just rushing around trying to de-junk the house before a friend comes over. Back later... love and hugs to all...
Old 06-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chickies.... the sun is shinning here but there is threats of thunder showers this afternoon. I am trying to decide if I should do a load of towels. Today is the last day and then I am off til Monday. Yeah a mini vacation. Not sure what we are going to do maybe go uptown and take in some of the Canada day activities. They are having a big flea market and the City Market will be open maybe I can find something for my sisters wedding present. Clovey the cottage sounds lovely. I would love to someday go to England for a visit. My fathers family roots start there as well. I picture England to be cottages as castles. Mamacita morning to you too. Hope you have a good day on the beach. Well I think I will go throw in some towel.... so far there is only 3 little ones here but that will change quickly and they are into a grand game of house ( 3 girls ) so I might be able to sneak in a cup of tea and a load.... check in again later.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:27 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

morning Ellis I guess we were posting at the same time. Have a fun day visiting with your friend.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:35 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, enjoy your vacation! You deserve it, hon!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:41 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

It's sunny today after yesterday's rain. The weeds are having a heyday in my garden! I can't do a darn thing about it with two screwed up arms. Yes, I'm still really sore and my left hand looks like a piece or roadkill! I should take a picture to post as an appetite suppressant.

Harry's ultra-sound went OK and we ended up going out for breakfast yet again! I really have to watch that. I ran the breakfast through fitday and it was over 500 calories and loads of fat. I'm sure restaurant people can still make poached eggs - I must try it!

Major screw-up on my allergy shot yesterday afternoon! When Nurse Fran got the shot ready, she noticed there was no serum in the tube! I had to drive back to the Pharmacy to get a new package of PollinexR, drive back to get the shot, come home to pick up the old package and drive to the Pharmacy to return it. That sure screwed up my afternoon!

This morning is drag the garbage to the road morning and then Hershey and I are going to her job at the Nursing Home. Kevin came and fixed my closet rod yesterday afternoon and I have a lot of clothing to sort. I am biting the bullet and sending a lot of skirts, dresses and blouses to Goodwill. I've been hanging on to stuff that I've not worn for two years so out it goes!

Here's wishing you all a great Hump Day!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:41 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

Thanks Ellis .
Old 06-30-2004, 08:46 AM   #10  

morning everyone!!
hard to believe it is wednesday already!! not complaining mind you it's just a hop skip and jump to a long weekend for me. first of all i have an announcement!!!! aaaahem (clears throat) i stayed totally op yesterday!!!! woooo hoooo. i also got up early today and packed my lunch and cooked my breakfast!! (jodi takes a bow) seriously it has been a long time since i had a good day so i am HAPPY.

karen so glad the test came back good. keep taking good care of yourself!!!

ruth you poor thing with 2 bad arms, take it easy today!!

little chick the flea market sounds great, i just love going to them.

clovey what a nice idea getting a summer place the one you described sounds lovely, put me down for one of the visitors!!

ellis have a nice visit with your friend.

laurie congrats on 2 new charms you go girl!!!! hope you are enjoying your time off.

jenn sorry bout the mouth thing hope you are feeling better today.

mamacita morning hope you have a good day too!!

to everyone els hello!!! nice to meet the new chickies!!! welcome.

well i am off work tomorrow, i am supposed to take the kids to the camper tonight and make a very long weekend of it. the 2 big ones promised they would have all their stuff ready to go when i get home from work today so we will see. i got up extra early today and packed for myself glenn and little ds. the weekend will be busy 2 parties on saturday and then ds brandon has his 13th bday party on sunday!!! my oh my how they grow!!! this is kind of funny ....dd told me yesterday that ds(soon to be 13) decided it was time to shave his peach fuzz on his upper lip so he gets out dads elec. shaver and does his thing then just like dad he gets a little handful of aftershave and splashes it on. dd said the neighbors more than likely heard the screams from the bathroom followed by 10 minutes of it burns!!!! it burns!!! welcome to manhood brandon!!!! lol

well thats about it for now i have alot to get done here today to have a guilt free day off tomorrow hope you all have a good one!!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:13 AM   #11  
As I think, I am.

Wink

Clovey...I would love to start every morning with a post from you! They are positively delightful! Almost like reading a movie LOL
Yes, definitely buy that cottage...how quaint sounding!

Hi, everyone...I'm pretty new...on day 4 of Phase 1. I'm so glad to be here and to have found this website. I don't think I could do a diet without some kind of support and comraderie with others. It really makes a difference. So, here I am!

I'm hoping today that the lethargy and clouded feeling I've been having starts to dissappear. I've been very tired feeling and I'm sure it's the carb withdrawal. Also, my family has been having to suffer through my grumpiness...was anyone else grumpy at first?

Lisa
Phase 1, Week 1
202.5/140
Old 06-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, South Beach Chicks!

Justjodi, how wonderful for you! Girl, learning to eat like this one day at a time is what this stuff is all about. I have this skinny sister-in-law and this is how she eats - when she's hungry, she eats good food. Can you imagine? I really don't get it, but I'm trying.

Well, I just couldn't stand it any more - I hopped on the scale this morning - I finished my first week on Phase 1 - down 4 lbs. Naturally, I was a little disappointed, and then I thought, Self, what's with the attitude? Any other week, you would have been thrilled to be down 4 pounds in one week! Even if you don't lose another ounce, this is good for your blood chemistry, and you are going away from your sugar addiction. Now shut up, tell people that you weighed yourself, and be grateful.

No great plans for the weekend, but I think I'll get things organized, and continue my swimming. In the past week, I've been 5 times. And ...
here's the neat part ...
my husband has been on glucosamine for a while. When I went to a surgeon last year about my knees (he said they have to be replaced, but they don't like to do it until people are 60), he said that would be useless, as it would just wear away off the surface of my knees - but I'm taking several pills a couple of times a day, and walking is starting to hurt less! What a gift. Even if it rubs off every day, I'll still be walking on a bit of a cushion.

Well, have a good day all. See you in the AM

Sue
278/274/160
SW/CW/GW

Last edited by KristasMom; 06-30-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:21 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all.

Sounds like most are off to a good start! So am I. Things are going well because I went and got fresh veggies to eat for today. Although I WISH I had a garden like most of you...

My mouth is healed, thank goodness. I go back for one more filling on July 15th. * hours being novicained up is a bit much...

I got on the scale this AM and lost 5 lbs in the 2 days of being OP. I am hoping for 2 more before tomorrow AM. Hey, it can happen! That would mean a maintain for the month and no gain. Despite the bloat, I hope it can happen.

I am off to get work done. Talk to you all later!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:21 AM   #14  

Morning chicks!

Jodi Your story about DS is too cute. I remember that I couldn't wait to start shaving my legs and now it is the biggest nuisance!

Ellis You sound like me whenever my mom says she is coming over- I race around the house, vacuuming and picking up TOYS!

Ruth I am sorry to hear that you are still so sore.

Laurie WTG on sticking with the plan and breaking through your plateau! That is awesome. I seem to be stuck on one, I gained a pound this week, and have really stuck with the plan with the exception on Saturday night's pizza. Oh well, onward and downward.....

Clovey I love the description of the cottage!

Mama Best wishes to DH!

Still freaking raining here in Dallas.... grrr... we are going the library this morning for story time, and then it is a laundry fest this afternoon! Bunco tonight with the girls, I am really looking forward to that! Not sure what the dinner menu will be, but I am going to eat a snack before I go so if it isn't OP (which it probably isn't) I will eat afterwards. My problem at Bunco typically is the wine consumption. Oh how I love the grape juice!

Thank you for all of your support and well wishes! I am so relieved!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:58 AM   #15  

What is it with this rain! I think we need to start building an ark! Kiko, did you see the pictures of Six Flags yesterday? They had to close it due to flooding. Well, go to run and facilitate a meeting. Be back later.
Closed Thread