Yet another newbie...

• Hi everyone! I've been reading the board all last week and have now started P1 yesterday. This board is a HUGE help in getting started!

I've always been somewhere around 140 lbs. (I'm 5'8"). Over the past year I somehow put on 16 pounds. I've done Atkins and had some success but got on some kind of plateau. I also didn't care for eating the fatty filled bars (although the butter thing was great)! Anything I've lost on Atkins, I've gained back but I'm hoping SB will be the answer for me. My problem is that I am a wedding coordinator. The weekends are terrible for me to get through. By the time I make sure everything is going smoothly and I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I get a quick bite of whatever is being served. Believe me, you don't care what you eat by that point! I'm going to attempt to bring some kind of food with me to stay on it. I have 2 goals coming up. The first is to lose at least 10 pounds by July 24 where I will be going for away for a weekend. I am a Parrot Head (for all of you who don't know a Parrot Head is a Jimmy Buffett fan) and we have an event which will be completely impossible to stay on some kind of diet. My second goal is to reach my goal weight or close to it by August 13 where I will be taking a trip to Minnesota to visit the in-laws. I'm hoping I can make this with my busy schedule. The last time they saw me I was at my lowest weight which was 139.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself!
  • Welcome to the Beach, CJ! Thanks for joining us. I love listening to Buffet's music while walking on my treadmill. I don't know if anyone could walk slow while listening to Margaritaville! Maybe someone will have some suggestions for your weekend dilemma. I can't think of any now but I'll let you know if I come up with any.
  • Welcome, CJ!

Sounds like a good idea...bringing your own meal to the events. You can maybe keep it in the fridge at the reception site?

Be aware that in losing a small amount of weight, it will take a fairly long time. You'll lose it, but it won't be overnight. I think you'll find you love this diet...it's wondeful! :