3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Another newbie! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/42175-another-newbie.html)

Mason'sMommie 06-17-2004 06:40 AM

Another newbie!

Hi All,
Today is Day 3 for me on SB and have been lurking on this wonderful board so I figured I would post. I am a 41 year old stay-at-home mom to a four year old boy. I am a self-employed proofreader by trade. I think I've tried every diet under the sun, and then some. Finally found SB and it seems to me to be a super way of losing this extra poundage and keeping it off, just a great lifestyle. I've learned so much on this board just in these past few days, and I'm sure I'll learn even more along the way. Well, I'm off to begin Day 3. Have a great SB day!

Doreen :)

justjodi 06-17-2004 08:51 AM

welcome to the beach!!! there is a ton of info in here and a great group of helpful people so jump right in!!

Grace150 06-17-2004 09:07 AM

congrats on your new start. Just stick with it and you will LOVE the results. BTW I love your sig. "wife to my soul mate, mother to my dream come true", very SWEET! I hope you have an amazing day 3.

Ruthxxx 06-17-2004 09:30 AM

Welcome to The Beach. Please take off your proofreader's hat when you read this stuff or you will feel like you are working another day! :lol:

beachgal 06-17-2004 03:02 PM

Welcome, Doreen! Your sig is wonderful, and I definitely envy your job! How did you get started? It's something I would love to do when I finally get to be a stay-at-home mom, too.

Glad to have you with us. You'll love this place, I bet! But Ruth is right...lots of typos. Hopefully you'll be forgiving! :D

Mason'sMommie 06-17-2004 04:29 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. Don't worry I won't proofread anyone's post. ;)

Beachgal: I started out 14 years ago as a court stenographer and 8 years ago started my own business as a proofreader for them. It was always in the plan to be an at-home proofreader when I started my schooling for court reporting so I could be home with my children or child. It took a lot of planning but certainly paid off in the end. :)

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Doreen :)

ellis 06-17-2004 06:39 PM

Doreen...a proof-reader... makes me feel sort of itchy. :D
Welcome to the Beach! :wave: We're very glad to have you.

MichelleRae 06-17-2004 07:42 PM

Doreen - Welcome to the beach :wave: Great to have you!! I am a member of a sahm's group too under the support groups forum if you would also like to post there, we have lots of fun swapping our little devils :devil: oops I mean childrens stories, recipes, and offer tons of support :) 3FC's is the greatest place you could have come for support!
Michelle

Kalikat 06-18-2004 06:23 PM

welcome

SBNewbie 06-18-2004 10:14 PM

Welcome to the Beach!