When do you (officially) count your weight loss?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi, Beach Beauties!

So...when do you officially count your weight loss? Some people's current weight in their signature fluctuates daily, so I assume you count it daily, whereas others seem to wait a while before announcing a loss. I guess that's what I do...if I wait three days to ensure that my weight is really stable at this new number, then I feel more secure. Otherwise I get pretty depressed at the number going up the next day if I reported it.

Just wondering...
  • My weight fluctuates alot each day, so I wait until I've seen the same thing on the scale 3 times before I actually consider myself to be at that weight.
  • I'm bad, I weigh myself every morning. I go by the lowest weight of the weekend as my "official" number. I fluctuate from day to day, but as long as I have any loss by Saturday or Sunday I'm a happy camper. The weekday weigh ins are just to satisfy my curiousity.

I also measure my waist daily in the exact same spot every time. That way, even if I don't have a weight loss I might have an inch loss.
  • I weigh myself nearly every day too - I just can't help it
  • I weigh myself every morning, but stop myself from indulging in my "scale ho" proclivities throughout the day. So actually, I consider myself to be acting in moderation! Talk about a twisted view! However, it really does help me stay on track and is rewarding, so? Why not! :
  • Ya! Me too! That's just how I feel!
  • Me, too! I weigh myself every morning.

I find that weighing myself encourages me to stay OP for the day. If I have stayed OP the previous day, even a small weight loss is encouragement to stay OP for the rest of the day. If I haven't been very good and show a weight gain from the previous day, I know that I need to take special care about what I am putting in my mouth that day.

Either way, I use it as a constant reminder of my goals and I celebrate the hard work that I have done and how far I have come.
  • I weigh daily but only update my signature at the end of the month.
  • I also weigh daily, but change the weight in my signature on Mondays.
  • I weigh once a week using the scale at my gym. I weigh early in the morning before aerobics class. I update my weight in my signature at that time.
  • Wow, Lyrac, didn't read your sig carefully before. Congrats on such awesome weight loss!

I think you guys need to start a 160s club...I've seen so many in the 160s lately. I wish!
  • LOL -- honestly? I gain every day, and flux a lot. So when I show a loss, or after a week, I post it. I weight in at 196.5 this morning, but am bloated and such. So on Saturday morning I will officially weigh in. If before then I show a loss, then I post it then. KInd of cheating....but not since I am honest if there is a gain.
  • Whatever the scale says each Wednesday morning after a bathroom stop is what I update in my signature. I don't think I'd do well weighing daily, as the bigger number changes are better motivation for me

It took me a while to be brave enough to actually post my hw/cw/gw, but you ladies set a great example on the courage front. I find that I HAVE to update the sig as soon as the scale moves, though, cuz I'm all about getting the credit I'm due.
  • I weigh daily, sometimes several times a day! LOL! but just out of curiousity. i don't freak when i see i'm 3 pounds up from the morning cause I know what i should be for that time of the day. (scary i know). as for updating the signature, i count official weight loss every sunday. but sometimes if i see i've had a significant loss during the week which i have maintained for more than 3 days (like yourself beach gal!) then i'll change it. just to make myself feel good. lol.
  • I weigh in every Sunday and change my number at that time

Michelle