BBQ to the Rescue

• Our local public television station decided to have a BBQ cooking show marathon over the weekend. I swear everytime I looked at the TV in the 48 hour period someone was making deliciously awesome looking BBQ ribs. I thought I would drown in my own drool just watching it. Needless to say, this gave me a monstorous craving for BBQ!

We bought some hickory chips yesterday and my DH smoked a bunch of chicken breasts on the grill. It was like heaven, I swear. We each had one for dinner, then I wrapped up the rest individually so I could take them to work for lunch.

I got the Carb Options BBQ sauce to go with them, but honestly the flavor was so good from the smoke that I barely used any BBQ sauce. It's really easy to do too, the smoking I mean. It gives the chicken this beautiful amber color. Sitting outside was even heavenly with the yummy smelling smoke wafting about. It was a real treat.
  • Sounds delicious, Traci!!
  • I never use bbq sauce, so i never have to worry, hehe
  • You can BBQ anything - seasoned chicken breasts, lean steak and fish in tin foil are my fav SB Diet BBQ foods. Lamb and pork chops are pretty good too but you need to cut the fat off. I also eat vegie kebabs (capsicum, courgette (zucchini), cherry tomatoes and mushrooms) but courgettes sliced in half straight on the grill, field mushrooms topped with feta cheese and basil and slices of eggplant (aubergine) all straight on the grill are also good.
  • YUMMMM!! Thats all I got to say You all got me drooling now!! I have been feasting on turkey chili the last 3 nights ohhh so good!!

Michelle
  • Chick-what is capsicum? I think I tried getting a Scottish friend to explain it to me once, but she disliked it intensely so did not make it sound very appetizing.