South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #16  

Kim,
I'll join you. I'm freshly starting Phase 1 (even though I just missed the boat by one full day) but it does make a huge difference.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:46 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles396
I'll join you. I'm freshly starting Phase 1 (even though I just missed the boat by one full day) but it does make a huge difference.
Good! We'll check in together at the end of our two weeks and see how we did. I just can't wait to see more weight come off. I honestly started this and questioned if I'd lose anything at all -- even an ounce. So, to see 147 on my scale on Saturday, I couldn't have been happier!
Old 06-14-2004, 03:32 PM   #18  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, guys!

I must admit that as nice at the idea of cheating sounds, when I think about how much I have already given up and having to start over, I know that it's not worth it. I have realized that I can actually call up a memory of how my favorite things taste, and sometimes that is enough to keep me away from a cheat. And sometimes I think about how I felt after eating all those carbs, and realize that I do not want to be there again. I feel so healthy and so much happier in my skin now that I never want to go back to the way I was.

I guess I am blessed to not really like drinking much. I enjoy fruity, frothy drinks, but more for the taste than for the alcoholic content. I've never gotten so much as a buzz, no matter how much I drink, but I frequently get sleepy after one glass of wine. Staying away from alcohol on this diet has not been any sort of issue for me. Am I the *only* one that feels that way?

I agree with Kim's assessment of the way the metabolism works during Phase 1. Cheating will cheat it of working. That said, if you fall of the wagon, you do so much better if you get back up instead of beating yourself up over it. We all fall down...and we probably will again. The trick is to not let it define us. I totally agree with what Ruth said...as long as we get back up, we have not failed.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Staying away from alcohol on this diet has not been any sort of issue for me. Am I the *only* one that feels that way?
I don't think so, Beachgal. I enjoy beer because I really like the taste of it. But I don't like any hard liquor, I think coolers are just gross (what an awful aftertaste!), and I can only drink red wine if I'm eating a steak or something with a strong taste like that. Don't even bring white or blush wine to me!

But, I find that I can avoid it just as easily as drink it. Yes, I did cheat with beer, but it was at a football game and it was hot out, and I wanted a refreshing drink. I don't get drunk easily either -- I get full, LONG before I get drunk! You're in good company.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:00 PM   #20  

I'm so glad so many have encountered the same trouble as I have. I did successfully go out to a bar on saturday night and drank diet coke. It helped that I had the good excuse that I was driving too. Maybe I'll just be dd all the time and that will alos help me fight my urge to drink during the first few weeks. But I'm on track again with Phase One, Day 3. Congrats to all of us not giving up, or in, and starting anew. Scale was good to me today also....down to 161.4lbs.
Good Luck~
Shannon
Old 06-14-2004, 04:13 PM   #21  

For me being on Phase 1 was hard, but it all seemed worthwhile to be able to get onto Phase 2 and be allowed to have a few goodies now and then. In other words Phase 2 was my reward for being so good on Phase 1. I even went through PMS, my birthday, and DH's birthday in those first 2 weeks and the only slip-up I had was one Irish coffee on my B-day (took the place of cake and lots of drinks).
Old 06-14-2004, 05:35 PM   #22  
Pending Email Confirmation

Oh well, I guess it is cause I am still a teen, that it doesnt affect me that much..

I have a question, Does Diet Pepsi have 0 carbs in it?

I have always wanted to know?
Old 06-14-2004, 05:48 PM   #23  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kalikat, I'm not sure about the carbs in Diet Pepsi. I assume so, but check the website, which I figure is probably www.pepsi.com to see for sure. And remember that SBD is not a low carb diet, so the carb count in the soda doesn't matter as much as any sugar it might have. Also, the caffeine and carbonation make you more thirsty.

That said, I drink about five bottles (2 liters each) of soda a week! I obviously do not practice what I preach!
Old 06-14-2004, 08:38 PM   #24  

I think I will join you ladies back at square one. I went on a mini vacation this weekend to Treasure Island (Florida) and ended up having several pina coladas, a brownie sundae, and coconut shrimp. It was so not worth how sick/guilty I feel right now. Looks like its back to eggs and salad for me. G'luck to those of you that are starting over as well.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:37 PM   #25  
Pending Email Confirmation

So diet pepsi has no carbs, i just checked.. i would post the link, but i need 50 messages =/ Time to spam!

Wheeee, Well I am on the SB/Low Carb it works ;P
Closed Thread