New to the Beach

• Hi all! I just started SBD today and am excited to lose some weight and keep it off for good. I have an active 9 month old and would just like to feel better and model a healthy lifestyle for her. I know that this is not a "diet" but rather a lifestyle change and I am committed to doing it right. I have about 25 lbs to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but would like to lose about 50 lbs total to get back down to my pre-wedding weight. Thanks and I look forward to speaking with all of you!
  • Welcome to the beach Stacey! You have such a great attitude, I am sure you will have a lot of success. Take a look around the recipe section for a lot of great ideas. On the frequently asked questions part of the forum you will be able to find food lists and answers to any other questions you may have. This is a wonderfully supportive forum, such great people. You may also want to join the June challenge.

Good luck with everything!!
  • Stacey, it's great to have you on the Beach. You have just the right attitude. Now if you can add patience like all of us do...
  • Stacey, welcome to the Beach!!
  • Welcome to da Beach!!! Water's just fine...
  • hi stacey welcome to the beach!!!
  • Hi, I'm trying the SB plan (again). I've had the book for a year and am planning to get the cookbook. It's very hard for me to stay committed to Phase I. So I'm starting again at 142lbs....the highest I've been in a while (I'm short and have a small frame, so everyone thinks I weigh more, so I would like to be at 125-130. I am a Lifetime WW member, but it gets to expensive since I'm not at my goal weight and more than when I started many years ago. Any advice for SB starter-overs like me be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

current weight: 142 After Phase 1 Goal:138 or less Final Goal: 125 or so
  • Hi, Musicgal!

With so few pounds to lose, it's going to take a bit for you to reach goal. I found that the best way through Phase 1 was to find good recipes that I liked and try them. Check out the recipes in this forum for some good ideas. I would think that with the Taco Bake and the PB cup, you could make it through Phase 1!
  • Quote: I would think that with the Taco Bake and the PB cup, you could make it through Phase 1!
    Hey Beach... what do you suggest for Canadians who can't get their hands on CoolWhip Free? I want to made the PB Cup SO BADLY, but I have searched and... no CWF.

Thanks girl!
  • Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
    I wanted to tell all of ya'll "thanks" for the words of encouragement. I've been reading the info on the SBD message boards for about 2 weeks now, so I feel like I already know some of you (and I applaud all of you for doing such a great job losing weight)! I look forward to becoming a skinny chick on the beach with all of you
  • Hi Stacey and Musicgal Nice to meet you both and welcome to the beach.
  • Stacey and Musicgal welcome to 3fc and welcome to the beach!

Michelle