South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 11:15 AM   #1  

Question When did it click?!?!

I am trying and I know its gonna be difficult, but I just keep falling back on old habits.. I do know that Im not totally prepared for this, food wise, picked up some things to get me started but havent really done shopping to carry me thru.. will do that friday .. could that be the problem or is it just me .. any one else have this situation in the beginning? Ive bought the cheese the veggies the eggs the ricotta, the string .. the all of it in sm. quanities but I still grab the crap!! whats wrong with me .. i get so mad and pissed at myself.. I do good for a portion of the day , then it all goes to **** !! .. Im not giving up tho!!! thanks for listening!
Old 06-13-2004, 01:46 PM   #2  
Traci

I would have loved to, but I couldn't get rid of the crap food in my house because of the non-dieting family members.

So, I had to make myself enjoy the "legal" food as much as I did the crap food. I spoil myself with a delicous legal meal that I love. For example, I had always thought of chili as crap food, but made properly it's legal, filling and grandly delicious. Some low fat cheddar shredded on top. *drool*

Get food adventerous! Challenge yourself to cook a SouthBeach adaptation of one of your favorite foods. Some foods you can't adapt no matter what, I know, but there are so many that you can.

Also, having a bulk supply of as wide a variety of legal food I can afford encourages me even more to eat legal food only. "Oh my gosh, I gotta eat all this lettuce before it goes bad!" LOL - Now, I know my husband will have no problem finishing off the box of Krispy Kreme donuts I have to walk by every morning, but I have no faith that he will help me eat the lettuce before it turns ick.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:07 AM   #3  

Throw away as much of the bad foods as you can - if possible throw it all away.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:21 AM   #4  

If you do have to keep some non-legal food around, what I do is put it in an area where I'm not looking at it all the time. If it is for my son, I put it on a low pantry shelf where I would have to bend down to see it. And I have been so surprised by how much of the legal food he will actually eat. And I try to make sure that I buy him snacks that are not my favorites so I will be less tempted! And eat before you go to the store so you aren't hungry.

It has really helped me to plan my meals and make sure I have enough stuff already planned. I do find I have to buy a lot more fresh vegetables. I also make sure I keep a good supply of canned tomatoes and canned black beans. I also stock up on WW pasta since my regular grocery store doesn't sell it and I have to make a special trip. It does take a lot more time looking at labels but it is worth it.
Closed Thread