South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 11:26 AM   #1  

Smile Another newbie phase 1 day 5

Hello

This is my first post here. I have been lurking for a while and this is such a nice board. All the information here has been so helpful to me! So, thank you

I am 281.5 pounds right now (down from my highest weight of 315). I'm new to the south beach diet and I really love it!!

I have done atkins in the past and it really made me ill. I did not get enough potassium due to the low amount of veggies and my blood pressure dropped like a rock. I will NEVER do that again!

South Beach really makes me feel good and I feel much better about the nutritional aspect of it as well.

I have a question I was wondering if you would help me with. In phase 1 is powdered coffee creamer allowed? I use the fat free milk now, but if the powdered stuff was allowed I would prefer it as it is creamier. Yummmmm coffee.....

Thank you in advance for your help!

Beth
Old 06-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Beth!!! I started South beach May 1st of this year weighing in at 242, I am now down to 224, tomorrow is my official weigh in day but I was 224 as of this morning. I, Like you, tried atkins, but I found that the high fat in that diet caused me to have some serious gastrointestinal problems, and excuse the following description but, I couldnt eat a meal with out crapping it out an hour later lol :blush:

I think powdered coffee creamer is allowed but not sure, I used non fat powdered non dairy creamer. Also check out ebay for some good prices on Davinci flavored syrups to flavor your coffee, yogurt, ricotta etc... They have tons of flavors!!

Good Luck!
Michelle
Old 06-05-2004, 12:35 PM   #3  

Welcome, Beth. It doesn't matter how much you have/want to lose. Life on the Beach means that you WILL reach your goal if you follow the new healthy lifestyle I thought I'd never see my hipbones again, but darn! There they are at last
Old 06-05-2004, 01:47 PM   #4  

Thanks!

Michelle, you are doing GREAT!! I understand about the atkins bathroom stuff, lol- it's awful!

Thanks for the tip on the Davinci syrups (and the info on the creamer!), I have not yet tried the ricotta dessert but I am going to the store today and will pick up some fat free ricotta.

Natter, I sooooo jealous! I have a dream that someday soon I will see my hipbones as well. LOL

Beth
Old 06-05-2004, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Beth - I have never tried the ricotta either, I dunno it just doesnt sound appealing to me thats why I prefer fat free plain yogurt! I like the smooth texture. I dream to see my hipbones some day too lol right now they are there my icky tummy just hangs over them lol well thats what having kiddies will do to ya I suppose lol.

Michelle
Old 06-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #6  

Beth, I'm not sure about the powdered creamer. I think in the book it suggests Land of Lakes Fat-Free Half & Half. Even if it wasn't allowed I personally would use the Lol half & half over the powdered stuff only because for the ingredients (this is just IMHO only & I would never tell someone to "cheat" even just a little).

Michelle -- Congratulations on your weight-loss. You're doing fantastic!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 07:24 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, Beth!
I use powdered skim milk in my coffee. And occasionally treat myself to a bit of cream.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:31 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Beth. I use skim milk in my coffee but, when it's not available, I use whatever and don't sweat it!
Old 06-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #9  

welcome beth!!! great progress so far keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-06-2004, 10:49 AM   #10  

Thanks so much for all the tips The I will try the powdered skim milk and the fat free half and half. Thanks again so much. LOL, I just can't give up the creamy taste in my coffee, lol.

Beth
Closed Thread